Can we do a group buy for an "Apten Chip"? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Can we do a group buy for an "Apten Chip"?

BBQ_HotDogs

A Man Without Wheels
Reaction score
City, State
Houston, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Eddie Bauer (R.I.P.)
I was looking the the site and noticed under group buys, that allot of people are wanting to buy an Apten Chip including myself. Can we all get it togeather and do a group buy for a new one?

Thanks,
HotDogs

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was thinking of buying one myself also. If a group buy gets rolling you can count me in on it.

As long as it happens in a reasonable amount of time...

There really isn't any "we" in setting up one. It would be up to Brian (bjherron) as to whether or not he wants to do one.

If this goes im in.

There really isn't any "we" in setting up one. It would be up to Brian (bjherron) as to whether or not he wants to do one.

Well Rob, Can someone help us get this started? I would love to get me a dual chip, but I would love even more to save some bucks.

Thanks,
HotDogs

I was just looking into buying one. If this goes ahead you can count me in.

Originally posted by BBQ_HotDogs
Well Rob, Can someone help us get this started?

Brian, and only Brian, is the only one who can create this group buy. Brian is the Apten representative here. Just getting a bunch of members together who are willing to participate doesn't accomplish much, if the manufacturer isn't willing to sell the product at a group rate.

Before you go too far with this, please review the "Group Purchase Rules" thread located in the Group Purchases Forum (where all discussion of Group Buys is supposed to be). After reviewing the rules, you may want to contact Brian, personally, and see if a future Group Buy is possible. If he is for the idea, then great! If he isn't interested at this point in time, then pressing the issue won't do much good. He, being the manufacturer, is the person who makes the call of whether a Group Purchase is possible, and at what cost.

Back