Can you guys help me with this buy? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Can you guys help me with this buy?

Reaction score
City, State
Puerto Rico
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Explorer EB 5.0
Im about to buy a 2000 Mercury Mountaineer with the V8 with 80k milles for $2,000. I already own a 1999 Ford explorer Eddie Bauer V8. Is the Mercury as good as the Explorer? Or they can give some other problems?

Thanks! :salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Im about to buy a 2000 Mercury Mountaineer with the V8 with 80k milles for $2,000. I already own a 1999 Ford explorer Eddie Bauer V8. Is the Mercury as good as the Explorer? Or they can give some other problems?

Thanks! :salute:

I have a 98 Eddie Bauer and a 2000 Mercury Mountaineer.

Both are exceptional vehicles. The Mountaineer is the same vehicle with different trim. The only real differences with my vehicles are the EB has the adjustable air suspension and the Mercury doesn't. The Mercury's trim looks a little fancier and the seats are a little more comfortable. Oh, and the trip computer on the Mercury doesn't show instant MPH like my EB does. It only shows average MPG.

$2000 with only 80K and a V8 sounds like a steal. Is there anything wrong with it?

I didnt know. It real looks great, I have to go and see it personally. But I think its really cheap v. my EB explorer that I paid 3,200 4 years ago. with 150k miles.

This is the Mounty.

635120219953438218tujeleks.jpg

If it runs and looks halfway decent I don't see how you could go wrong for $2000. Is it AWD, 4x4 or 4x2?

If it runs and looks halfway decent I don't see how you could go wrong for $2000. Is it AWD, 4x4 or 4x2?

I don't have very much details about it but I hope it is 4x4!! :thumbsup: :D

v8's don't come in 4x4. AWD or 2WD only. $2000 with only 80K sounds like a really good deal unless it has problems.

Back