CANADA-WIDE CLASS ACTION SETTLEMENT - Exhaust | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

CANADA-WIDE CLASS ACTION SETTLEMENT - Exhaust

Reaction score
City, State
Edmonton AB
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 ford explorer ltd
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone here received an email like this?

I just received it today.

HAVE YOU EVER OWNED OR LEASED ONE OF THESE FORD VEHICLES?
2011-2015 FORD EXPLORER
2011-2013 FORD EDGE
2011-2013 LINCOLN MKX
A CANADA-WIDE CLASS ACTION SETTLEMENT MAY AFFECT YOUR RIGHTS

Class actions have been initiated in Ontario and Québec against Ford Motor Company and Ford Motor Company of Canada alleging that exhaust odour may enter the passenger compartment of the 2011-2015 Ford Explorers sold and leased in Canada (the “Class Vehicles”) due to defects. The action in Ontario also alleges these defects exist in 2011-2013 Ford Edge and 2011-2013 Lincoln MKX vehicle models (the “Excluded Vehicles”). Ford denies all allegations in these proceedings. The Ontario and Québec courts have not taken any position as to the truth or merits of the claims or defences by either side. The Settlement resolves the case across Canada and will pay money to Settlement Class Members who submit valid claims.

You should immediately review the full legal notice in this matter to ensure you understand your legal rights including the benefits under the Settlement and the procedures for objecting to the Settlement. A copy of the full legal notice may be viewed at:

www.FordExplorerSettlement.com (in English)

www.reglementfordexplorer.com (in French)

This notice is sent pursuant to court orders made by the Ontario Superior Court of Justice and the Superior Court of Québec.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone here received an email like this?

I just received it today.

HAVE YOU EVER OWNED OR LEASED ONE OF THESE FORD VEHICLES?
2011-2015 FORD EXPLORER
2011-2013 FORD EDGE
2011-2013 LINCOLN MKX
A CANADA-WIDE CLASS ACTION SETTLEMENT MAY AFFECT YOUR RIGHTS

Class actions have been initiated in Ontario and Québec against Ford Motor Company and Ford Motor Company of Canada alleging that exhaust odour may enter the passenger compartment of the 2011-2015 Ford Explorers sold and leased in Canada (the “Class Vehicles”) due to defects. The action in Ontario also alleges these defects exist in 2011-2013 Ford Edge and 2011-2013 Lincoln MKX vehicle models (the “Excluded Vehicles”). Ford denies all allegations in these proceedings. The Ontario and Québec courts have not taken any position as to the truth or merits of the claims or defences by either side. The Settlement resolves the case across Canada and will pay money to Settlement Class Members who submit valid claims.

You should immediately review the full legal notice in this matter to ensure you understand your legal rights including the benefits under the Settlement and the procedures for objecting to the Settlement. A copy of the full legal notice may be viewed at:

www.FordExplorerSettlement.com (in English)

www.reglementfordexplorer.com (in French)

This notice is sent pursuant to court orders made by the Ontario Superior Court of Justice and the Superior Court of Québec.
I received the same email today.

Received mine on the 21st but no longer have the 2011 Explorer nor did it have the 'smell'.

Peter

Funny it only applies up to 2015 MY. I just had the "recall" applied to my car although it's technically a courtesy, not a recall.

Back