Canadian Backroads | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Canadian Backroads

Not a jelous bone in my body...till now. You guys live life to the fullest, kudos to you!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

carsonm said:
I was impressed with my new tires though, damn if I was only 3" higher I wouldn't have gotten wet. There's another reason why I need that lift put on, James do you think she'll buy it? ;)

Carson
I'll have some extra, new, never mounted, James Duff parts for sale soon.

AAL and shackles
4 JD shocks for 2.5"-3" lift.

Then all you need is something for the front. Springs or F150 spacers and camber adjusters.

PM me if you're interested.

If you want to get really serious, jrgaylor will have used parts from his rig for sale as he is doing a SAS. I think his is about 5".

Where's Hope?

Jelous eh? I kind of feel spoilt now myself with all this back country out my back door!

Well just as I suspected my diffs are milky, tranny and transfer case seem alright but I`ll change those fluids too I guess. just goes to show you that sitting in water for extended periods will get water in no matter how high those breathers are, and mine are as high as possible.

PS Carson already has a 2 inch suspension lift with spacers and AAL. he`s sitting on a 3 inch body lift that he`s (ahem) not allowed to put in yet. :D

oops missed some posts.
crankcase - live in Hope permanently now.

GJarret, Hope is about an hour and 55 minutes east of Vancouver BC and still within about an hour of the US Border (at Sumas, Washington). After Hope is the Fraser Canyon and basically mountain ranges.

Oh yeah, I live right by the bridge that the sheriff dropped Rambo off at, hey it`s about as famous as Hope can be.. Very small town.

Man, this is an awesome thread. I love the pics! Looks like some really nice trails up there. BTW, both of your trucks are looking really good. :thumbsup:

dreamr said:
I think Albino and I need to come for a visit :D

I think it is prettier up there than my own mountains :(

Deffinately less populated :thumbsup:

We should caravan someday.

Im starting a new job soon, and might have the time/money sooner than I thought. We'll see.

Nope :( But if all goes well, I can drive :p

I'm also riding on 32X11.5X15" BFG Mud tires as of a few weeks ago. One day I'll be allowed to install that 3" lift :rolleyes:

ld50 said:
PS Carson already has a 2 inch suspension lift with spacers and AAL. he`s sitting on a 3 inch body lift that he`s (ahem) not allowed to put in yet. :D

Well I did a little exploring lately..

I can see a cool mountain peak out my front window that my map book confirmed as having a trail close to the summit. It`s called Mount Oglvie. My dream was to get close enough to hike it so I can have a smoke up there or something..

The thing was the logging rd. had tons of trees blocking the way and had been deactivated for some time. So we brought the chain saw.

Attachments

• mt. Oglvie.JPG
    mt. Oglvie.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 299

We started to be able to see the district of Hope, but soon the trail just got to be too much.

Attachments

• mt oglvie2.JPG
    mt oglvie2.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 300

Awesome view, but still quite far from where I could see would be a good starting point to an awesome hike to the summit.

Attachments

• mt oglvie3.JPG
    mt oglvie3.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 303

The trail turned into this and continues on that way for a mile or two. :rolleyes:
Still considering the hike though...

Attachments

• mt oglvie4.JPG
    mt oglvie4.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 306

What chainsaw do you have LD?

We have a couple of chainsaws at work, this time it was the Stihl. Perks of the job!

Check this out, boy I love living out here, maybe you`ve been here Crank?
-Othello tunnels. An old part of the Kettle Valley railway they turned into a park/attraction. it`s not far from here..

Attachments

• othello.JPG
    othello.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 304

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have checked out sections of the KVR in Princeton, Tulameen, Merrit, and Coalmont, but never those famous tunnels.... :eek: I love the old KVR routes. On the wall in the Peachland? Tourist Visitor center is a full map of every tressle and line.

Back