Can't find an oil dipstick tube for my 96 5.0 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Can't find an oil dipstick tube for my 96 5.0

Looks like USPS was running late -- essentially all week for 2nd day priority but hopefully, you've gotten the package today.

Still, that gets it there for the weekend which was one of the needs you'd noted!

Hope it works out for your.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks like USPS was running late -- essentially all week for 2nd day priority but hopefully, you've gotten the package today.

Still, that gets it there for the weekend which was one of the needs you'd noted!

Hope it works out for your.

Well I got it in time and it was oddly different from mine. It was bent very different. However bent closer then the 98-01 stick I have, so I jammed it in a vice and bent it to make it work. It's not pretty and is about 2 mm away from my intake and touching my spark plug boot, but it worked haha.

Either way it was a huge help for me, I'd be happy to shoot you 10 bucks for it. Just send me your paypal and I'll send a payment. Thanks again for getting that out for me.

Yea, the shape/closeness to the plug is why I did not use the original in the first place -- the two I had were the same shape, so I simply grabbed the one I thought would be easiest to clean, degreased and bead blasted it, gave it a shot of primer and then black paint.

I don't see how those tubes would EVER fit with the Torque Monster headers I've got, beginning to think Ford must have had a couple different versions of the tube.

Anyway, I'm pleased it make it there on time (despite the USPS delay)!

Yea, the shape/closeness to the plug is why I did not use the original in the first place -- the two I had were the same shape, so I simply grabbed the one I thought would be easiest to clean, degreased and bead blasted it, gave it a shot of primer and then black paint.

I don't see how those tubes would EVER fit with the Torque Monster headers I've got, beginning to think Ford must have had a couple different versions of the tube.

Anyway, I'm pleased it make it there on time (despite the USPS delay)!

It's on there with my torque monsters haha. Little bending and tight tolerances and on she went.

EDIT: Just sent you $15. Thanks again for everything.:salute:

Man, there are many dipsticks in my local j/y (lol no pun intended). I can grab you a few of them if you like. They are yours for the cost of shipping.
Hello, I need a dipstick, do you still have any you grabbed or any that you can grab still. Thanks in advance.

Hey guys, I'm having a hell of a time finding a dipstick tube for my 96 5.0 explorer and I'm out of commission because of it. Ford doesn't make them and no one seems to have them. I bought the 98-01 NOS off eBay to see if I could make it work, but because of the spark plug location it won't work. I also tried the universal spectre part that apparently fits, well it doesn't.

I'm now blowing money left an right and can't find one. Does anyone know where to get one? I would love a factory ford one. I was debating the universal flexible ones but I really want to avoid those if at all possible.

Any help is greatly appreciated I really need this by this coming weekend.

EDIT: Ok should I have to go with the Lokar piece, has anyone gotten one and had good luck with it on their 5.0?

Would this one work?

FORD Lokar ED-5004 Lokar Flexible and Machined Engine Dipsticks | Summit Racing
I am having the same exact problem

Hey guys, I'm having a hell of a time finding a dipstick tube for my 96 5.0 explorer and I'm out of commission because of it. Ford doesn't make them and no one seems to have them. I bought the 98-01 NOS off eBay to see if I could make it work, but because of the spark plug location it won't work. I also tried the universal spectre part that apparently fits, well it doesn't.

I'm now blowing money left an right and can't find one. Does anyone know where to get one? I would love a factory ford one. I was debating the universal flexible ones but I really want to avoid those if at all possible.

Any help is greatly appreciated I really need this by this coming weekend.

EDIT: Ok should I have to go with the Lokar piece, has anyone gotten one and had good luck with it on their 5.0?

Would this one work?

FORD Lokar ED-5004 Lokar Flexible and Machined Engine Dipsticks | Summit Racing
I am having same issue, cannot find one!

I have used 3/8ths metal fuel/transmission line for the replacement tube. Make sure that you use your old tube as a pattern in order to make it the correct length. No picture available.

Back