cant find where wire goes to by injectors | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

cant find where wire goes to by injectors

24gtmaxx

Reaction score
City, State
little egg harbor,nj
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 explorer sport
ok, gonna try to do this fast

i was looking over the motor install i did over the weekend, i have a plug with 3 make ends of a wire i cant find where it goes, its all tied in with the injector wires on the pass side of the motor, under the upper intake, any clues to where it goes, maybe a pic would help too

p.s., the motor runs fine, and its not an injecdtor wire.

forgot to add....its a 4.0 sohc

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

point it out. (ignore the green arrow)

cps.jpg

Sorry its on the other side of the motor

One wire is yellow with a red tracer line. One is black one is gray

I just pulled the upper intake to look better, there are no wires I missed up there. IRS only long enough to reach the line that goes from the valve cover to the intake air duct

Ok I looked at the pic closer (alot closer) its not connected in that pic either
its sitting on the valve cover by the breather tube
kinda hard to see, but I'm using a phone to look

Knock sensor. Its under the lower intake. Its connector mounts on top of the pass side valve cover approx in line with the 2nd intake runner.

im on my laptop now, it doesnt look like its connected

what do u guys think??

the motor starts right up , purrs

ive driven it 50 or so miles, no codes at all,

if its ther knock sensor, is it bad to run it with it not plugged in till the weekend??

knock sensor

The knock sensor only has two electrical connections.
It's electrical connector is next to the passenger side valve cover breather port in the photo below.
HEADSFRT.JPG

Here's a photo of the entire knock sensor assembly.
knocksensor.jpg

The photo below shows how it attaches in the valley between the heads.
KnockSensor2.jpg

The knock sensor senses possible detonation and reports it to the PCM which retards the spark advance to prevent engine damage. If you're burning decent gas and don't lug the engine you should be OK running for a few days with it disconnected.

Its not the knock sensor connector, in the pic Dale put up, its shown rite under the pcm connector, its black and round.

vacuum line

The round thing just below the PCM is a vacuum connection to the upper intake manifold. It splits internally to multiple small diameter semi-rigid hoses that go various places. It is shown just slightly disconnected in the lower left corner of the photo below.
REARD2.JPG

Oh yeah, I see that now

Could it be some kind of test plug or something that works the blower door or something like that?

I really don't want to take everything apart again if I don't have to

Back