• Register Today It's free!

Car sick in back of sport trac

sickwilly

Reaction score
City, State
Middle Tennessee
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Exp Sport Trac
OK, I had a friend of my son's start to complain of feeling car sick in the back seat of the Sport Trac. I chalked it up to his being a weenie cry baby.

Now I take my kids canoeing an hour and a half away and my son makes the same complaint. Not that he is tuff as nails or anything, but now two of them have said this?

Do any of you all have your kids complain about how they feel riding in the back seat of you sport trac?

Maybe new shocks would help?

Some kids just get car sick. My son is worse than my daughter but neither one of them can read a book while in the car or they will get sick. My son will get car sick in the back seat of cars that ride soft. When he was little I had a Lincoln and we ended up just putting him in the front seat and my wife rode in back. If either one of them sit in the rear-facing 3rd seat in my wife's Taurus wagon they will vomit in less than 10 minutes.

I'd be willing to bet that new and stiffer shocks would fix the problem. Or give him a Dramamine a half hour before you go anywhere. Or if he can sit in the middle so he can see out the front window. It's a balance and equilibrium thing.

Back