Cargo Cover and Mounts | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cargo Cover and Mounts

kpedrotti

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer XLT
A few questions here regarding the rear cargo cover:

Was the rear cargo cover unchanged from 1991-1994 model years?

I recently bought one for my 1994 Explorer XLT but it appears to be just a bit too wide. It could work though with a little force, but more important is the lack of mounting brackets on my vehicle.

My Explorer does not seem to have the mounting brackets. I can get them but neither the vendor or I are sure how they attach. My vehicle has two rectangular indentations, one with a small semicircular key way, molded into the plastic in the rear cargo area. It would appear that the brackets would snap in here. The pictures show some screws however.

Are the brackets to be screwed in?

Do they go in these indentations?

Are the covers, mounts and rear cargo area configurations really identical from 1991-1994 for the Explorers?

Much Thanks,

Ken

If you have indentations, you have the some-1994 and 1995+ style cargo cover panels. Some/most of the 1994 Ex's had the new style panels though. You just need the newer cargo cover.

Like this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/95-01-FORD-...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item519b792ee2

They don't snap in there, they just screw to the outside of the panel. Ford went to the molded-in design to save money on less parts, and and easier to use/remove cargo cover.

Yeah some 94's had the newer cargo covers for some reason. My 2 94's did. You need a cargo cover for 95+ explorers.

i have a beige cargo cover from an eddie bauer 95 if anyone is interested

Back