cd MP3 players

EliteConcept

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
LaPorte, Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Civic LX
i am thinking about getting a mp3 cd player. But im not quite sure on how you make the cds with mp3's on it.

would you just make a data cd and cram all the mp3 files on it that you can?

any info on how mp3 cd players work is greatly appericated.

ryan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I use MusicMatch to make my MP3 discs, Very easy, menue driven software,

on my cd creator there is an option for copy, make a data or make a music, then uner music there is "make an mp3 disc"

Its just a data disc yes. The trick is on how you set it all up. I have 200 songs on one disc that are just in alphabetical order ~ which gets annoying when trying to find one song and you can't remember the song number.

i hope to wither my 250 cd library down to 10-20 cds.....

what brands do you guys have?

I'm also looking to go to a MP3 HU, can you sort the songs into different albums or it is just one massive collection of songs on the disk. If you can use folders is it just like windows or do you have to create special folders that the HU will understand.

Thanks

You would probably want to put the mp3 files in folders with your cd burning software. The HU will most likely pick up on them and have a way to scroll through the folders and also the tracks in the folders.

most players like my pioneer DEH 8400mp can sort through folders. I use Nero to burn my stuff. MP3BR is a GREAT mp3 program, especially for fixing ID3 tags. www.highwaymp3.com has lots of info and a link to a 30 day demo for MP3BR

Also,
If you have the funds you may want to look into Mp3 Jukeboxes. Kenwoods Music Keg is a great solution for those with Kenwood head units(can also be used with the FM modulator). It acts like a GIANT cd-changer(10gb), and costs $499. I personally have this, and wouldnt ever go a day without it. There is also the NEO Jukebox which comes with a 20GB hard drive, and is priced at $399. This unit interfaces with either the included FM modulator, or with direct connection via patch cables, and aux input.

I have purchased a Sony CD/MP3 in dash player for my X from Best Buy. Cost around $300, 1000W per channel AND has an infared remote control. I know some of you will say why bother, but I guarantee once you use one, you see why it is a great feature. The best thing about it is I can drive and not have to pay attention to where my hands go on the dash to change a function. The discs I burned are all MP3 format, I have three of them that have around 200 songs on each, all divided into separate folders or albums on each disc. Makes it easy to find songs. the deck even reads out the album name, song title and artist names. I use Roxio's Easy CD creator from Adaptec, just about does it all, and is very easy to use.:chug:

I have the Alpine 7894, its a great deck with awesome SQ and a ton features. I use Easy Cd creator 5.0 and just organize all my songs into different folders. Then just flip through the folders and play my desired song. MP3's are awesome, now i have just a couple cd's in my truck instead of 20 or 30.

And BTW TonyGen1164, it's impossble that your sony deck is pushing out 1000 watts per channel, mayb 15 to 20 watts per channel. Sorry i just find this hard to believe.

:confused: I stand corrected....you're right ....it is not 1000 per channel. :banghead: but it is 50w x4 for 200 total. I dunno, even with stock speakers it sounds very good in such a smaller size vehicle. But the remote really is a great thing!

Ha Sh*t happens. I also have a remote for my deck, and your right, it's awesome, makes everything so much easier.

And thats 20 w PEAK not RMS.

Nope its the other way around all decks advertise PEAK power, like 50 X 4, when in reality it puts out 10 - 25 watts RMS, depending on the deck.

I think he meant to say 200watts peak, not 200watts rms.

Back