• Register Today It's free!

Center Console/Cupholders

TTG

Reaction score
City, State
Florida Gulf Coast University, Fort Myers, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Sport
So my truck has this stupid cupholder design and I hate it profusely. In its infinite wisdom, Ford forgot that if the 2 cupholder circles are placed side by side and intersect, you can't fit in 2 cups, "oops". I was wondering if anyone knows if you can replace that section of the center console, I do know that later on they changed the cupholders to a better designed one, and I was thinking of switching them if the price was right.

Also, does anyone know what the long hole at the back of the cupholder piece is for? I kinda figured it was for a handbrake, but nobody is sure.

Can't help you with the swap of the cup holders but that slot is for facial tissue. If you pop open your storage bin cover, you should see the change holders, that's actually on top of a square pan that slides upwards and out. Kleenex used to (still does?) make a facial tissue box that fits in there. I think on most trucks, it's forgotten.

The center console cupholer module is infact interchangable with the 97+ units that are oriented front/back.

Go to a junkyard, and pull up. Simple as that.

Back