• Register Today It's free!

Center Console

SHood

Reaction score
City, State
Overland Park
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Platinum
Hi, I am new to the Explorer forum. Does anyone know where I can find information on the center console for the 2017 Explorer Platinum. And that center console may be the same for all 2017 Explorers, but I can't find any information on what the inside of the console cover is designed to do or the roughly 2 inches wide "holder" in the lower front of the console is for.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
The question seems somewhat familiar. Unfortunately, I no longer have my 2017 Platinum to check out. If I recall, I believe a member mentioned that you could store pens etc there. As for the other item, are you perhaps referring to the slot for the keyfob to be used if the fob battery is weak/dead?
A picture would be helpful.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
The question seems somewhat familiar. Unfortunately, I no longer have my 2017 Platinum to check out. If I recall, I believe a member mentioned that you could store pens etc there. As for the other item, are you perhaps referring to the slot for the keyfob to be used if the fob battery is weak/dead?
A picture would be helpful.

Peter

I agree with these comments.

There are a couple slots for pens and I think cards (insurance?) on the underside of the cover on my '14.
And also agree the small pocket is likely for a weak/dead key fob to allow the engine to be started.

I agree with these comments.

There are a couple slots for pens and I think cards (insurance?) on the underside of the cover on my '14.
And also agree the small pocket is likely for a weak/dead key fob to allow the engine to be started.

My dealer told me that place is for placing the fob into if the fob battery goes dead.
When the fob is in that spot the car will still turn on.

My dealer told me that place is for placing the fob into if the fob battery goes dead.
When the fob is in that spot the car will still turn on.
That is what the previous posts mentioned, but is that what the OP referred to? He hasn't been back to this thread to confirm/clarify.

Peter

That is what the previous posts mentioned, but is that what the OP referred to? He hasn't been back to this thread to confirm/clarify.

Peter
That is exactly the answer I needed. I looked on YouTube and found a video which shows the process.

It is also shown/described on page 165 of the Owner's Manual (3rd print) under Starting and Stopping the Engine. Glad we were able to help.

Peter

Back