CEO Jim Hackett article | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

CEO Jim Hackett article

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah I don't like the way Hackett is running ford, killing the sedans was stupid, not everyone wants a suv. I do understand killing the fiesta/focus based on the awful powershift DCT ruining the cars reliability reputation but the Fusion is still selling fairly well even after it was announced it would be discontinued. Hopefully the Mach E will steal some sales from tesla and the new superduty with the 7.3 gas engine is a step in the right direction. Who would of thought in 2020 ford would make a YUGE 7.3 OHV V8, I think its awesome.

Yup. That's why my s/o now drives a Hyundai Sonata. At least it's assembled in AL. I can even cope with the transmission being made in Mexico. The moment Ford shifts production to the hermit kingdom, I'm gone.

This is a deep reflection of the hole Ford is in...the newly launched Explorer and Escape are a shame for the company’s legacy in terms of quality and they can barely compete with the Asian products...

Ford is being left behind and only the blind can’t see, abandoning the car market was a bad idea...and the major loss of market share across all segments is a slow blow but real reflection of what’s happening.

the new F150 might be the only thing that will keep Ford alive, but one screw up there and it could be the end - that’s exactly what investors are seeing

The price of gas going up is enough to kill suv and truck sales for ford.

Odd ............. Big vehicles are what is driving the industry.
True, 2 out of 3 new vehicles are large trucks and SUVs. Historically when the economy is down or the price of gas goes up to $5 a gallon people tend to buy smaller cars. In 2005 ford sold 901K F150 trucks, in 2009 only 413K...

It's nowhere near $5.00 a gal unless you reside in CA. We're under $2.00 gl in TX. I figure in a short, Newsom will do a Bernie and find a way to subsidise gas in CA for the homeless........
giphy.gif

Maybe I misused the word historically?

yup, I filled up at chevron today it was 3.79 for regular. California gas prices suck and so does newsom!!

Back