• Register Today It's free!

Changing seats

gtice100

Reaction score
City, State
NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 ford explorer limite
have a 02 explorer xlt with manual seats and have seats out of an 02 limited with power seats, I have swapped seat and the limited seats for the drivers side don't work but the passenger side does it has memory seats and there are three plugs but my car only has two plugs how can I make the drivers side work. Don't need the memory option just want the seats to move

I would assume that with the drivers side having the memory function that all the associated wiring harness would have to be installed including the set switches on the door panel. On mine I also have the adjustable pedals which could be also integrated into the memory function. I have never used the memory function on mine so cannot confirm this. I would think that if you got into the wiring diagram there must be a way of just retaining the seat function without memory. Maybe from looking at the wiring on the passenger seat you can determine which is the main power feed and compare it to the drivers side wiring. With having another plug on the drivers seat makes me wonder if the memory module is actually on the seat itself which would entail more wiring detective work. A wiring diagram is a must for this type of conversion.

I would assume that with the drivers side having the memory function that all the associated wiring harness would have to be installed including the set switches on the door panel. On mine I also have the adjustable pedals which could be also integrated into the memory function. I have never used the memory function on mine so cannot confirm this. I would think that if you got into the wiring diagram there must be a way of just retaining the seat function without memory. Maybe from looking at the wiring on the passenger seat you can determine which is the main power feed and compare it to the drivers side wiring. With having another plug on the drivers seat makes me wonder if the memory module is actually on the seat itself which would entail more wiring detective work. A wiring diagram is a must for this type of conversion.
I took these seats out of an 02 limited and put them in a 02 xlt which has no power options or switches and I am not too good at 12volt wiring diagrams but I guess I will figure it out was just wondering if there was a way to bypass the memory module to make the seat work without too much problem

Back