• Register Today It's free!

Changing the tranny fluid

irtySanchez

Reaction score
City, State
Chicago
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT
After a long, drawn out process, I have decided against having a power flush done on my transmission. I am going to stick with the typical pan and filter change.

But then I started to think. The question is:

What way can I get the most tranny fluid out? Is there any way to drain the torque converter?

Everyone's thoughts and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Check out Dead Link Removed. It will give pretty detailed instructions on how to do a complete change out yourself.

That idea sounds good, but very time consumung. Anyone have any other ideas?

People!!! I need input...bbbbuuummmppp

No Power Flush

Dealerships are notorious for ripping people off. when I firrst heard of this powerflush garbage the first thing that came to my mind was , bye bye tranny seals. The transmission filter was added to also clean the dirty fluid left behind in the torque converter. In short Power Flush is really some guy with a compreseed air hose blowing it in your tranny charging you an unreasonable amount of money while probaly damiging your transmission. Remember the Dealer loves to see you come back for a new Transmission when you're footing the bill.

what are you talking about!!!

When it came time to change my fluid i went to LUBE-X. They have an equal displacement pump i think thats what its called? What that means is they hook it up to both the lines to your tranny cooler and for every drop that comes out the same amount goes in....
The average joe would be suprised at what the small lube shop on the corner can do compared to the FORD farm.........
By the way when they changed the fluid i was told they had never seen tranny oil that black before ALL 13 LITRES OF IT....
So spend the money and get it done right and dont forget the do the filter AFTER the flush! Just my opinion

Back