SVO

Meow
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Smithville/Austin, Tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
08' Suzuki SX4
This came into the shop today for some brake work, and of course being the resident Ford and classic car guy at the shop this one was given to me to work on.

It's a one owner, always garaged with 107k miles on it, the guy driving it was about my age mabey a little younger, but it was his grand father's till he got alzhiemers and couldn't drive any more, now it's his baby.

Just thought I would share with you all as you hardly ever see these stock/OE, this one just hurts.

As some of may know this is the last year of the straight axle front end and the first year of the square headlamps.

This one is powered buy a 351/400M (5.8/6.6), with a manual transfer case and a C-6 automatic with a Dana 44 high pinion in the front w/manual hubs and 9" in the rear.
A/C, power rear window and manual locks and side windows, with a bench seats and the optional CB through the radio arial antenna, and AM/FM radio both motorolas.
Tilt, cruise, locking hood release, and leather wrapped wheel.

Enjoy, Jeff - :navajo:

Attachments

• MVC-001S.JPG
    MVC-001S.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 171
  • MVC-002S.JPG
    MVC-002S.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 172
  • MVC-003S.JPG
    MVC-003S.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 169

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

;)

Attachments

• MVC-005S.JPG
    MVC-005S.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 164
  • MVC-006S.JPG
    MVC-006S.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 162
  • MVC-007S.JPG
    MVC-007S.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 164

wow that is in excellent shape :D

Sorry I wish the pictures were better, but I'm sure I'll see this guy again, we talked for a while, and I gave him an EF business card incase he needed to contact me also.

It was actaully cleaner than the pictures give the impression of, infact all the factory ink/ID stamps were still on the valve covers and inner fenders and on the underside of that hood as were the grease pencle marking too.

The only thing wrong with the truck I saw was the carpet was faded and the air inlet hose for the air cleaner assy was patched up with duct tape as that hose missing or torn will cause you to fail the state inspection.

Now i miss my old ford truck.

Damn, that thing is clean. Even has the stock hubcabs. Im guessing grandpa didnt drive it much. Very rare to find one that clean and all stock to boot.

Thanks for the pics Jeff..that thing is slick!

Back