Peter's 1973 Ford Bronco | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Peter's 1973 Ford Bronco

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's comming along well. I've got a new wheel comming since one center was not pressed in correctly, but they're letting me keep the crap wheel, which will make for a great spare. Also waiting for some heims to make a new drag link since the original bronco ball joint is shot and it's not replaceable, but permanent. So, we'll see where it all goes from here

here's the new drag link:
DSCN41841.jpg

tubed front end pics to follow by weeks end

You're EB is looking great! The front is perfect and the draglink is BEEF!

I would almost be afraid to wheel it after putting so much effort into the body :D

You're EB is looking great! The front is perfect and the draglink is BEEF!

I would almost be afraid to wheel it after putting so much effort into the body :D

I think it should hold up! But you know, where's the fun in keeping the body nice? I think I need to find a tree to run the truck into! :cool:

I think it should hold up! But you know, where's the fun in keeping the body nice? I think I need to find a tree to run the truck into! :cool:
LOL well at that point, just give five of us some dead blow hammers and we'll do the work for you :D

But you know, where's the fun in keeping the body nice?

Makes wheeling that more challenging! I try to keep the body nice on my crawler and I have even used my own winch to winch to the top of my cage trying to keep the body off a big rock.

its comming along really well, great work.

Done for the most part. Built a new battery tray, tabs for grounds, fuse holder, and radiator over flow tank. All in all, turned out quite well. Adventually I'll make something to protect the battery and ignition solenoid
DSCN4196.JPG

DSCN4197.JPG

DSCN4195.JPG

It's comming along quite well and turning into a solid wheeler! It still really sucks when just driving it around the block to test it. Silly spool! :cool:

Me and Jman are going to Cliffs Saturday if you're rig is ready...

I'd totally go, but am at work. Had I known, I probly could have gotten the day off, but always let me know when you're going wheelin. My trailer is stored in WI, so it takes some planning for me to wheel. I definately would like to get out once more before the year is done.

Because I'm too busy to wheel, and can't even get to the mall, I just wheel the driveway...
DSCN4322.JPG

DSCN4319.JPG

Geez how long was the drive :p: -- looking great tho, those beadlocks are rockin

Geez how long was the drive :p: -- looking great tho, those beadlocks are rockin

LOL as short as the driveway is, it took work to get it that far! Where i park it out back, it had frozen to the ground and I had to chip the ice and ground away to break it free. Oh, and with those beadlocks, not 1 tire had more than 5psi and those 'locks saved me driving on no air to the garage

Where i park it out back, it had frozen to the ground and I had to chip the ice and ground away to break it free.

Thats why is stopped parking an X in the yard. Let me know if you'd wanna head out to cliffs any time soon, i got a guy at school i met with a few Jeeps that wants to go.

Well, I need to do some sort of steering work on this thing. Doesn't work the best yet. Dunno if it'll get full hydro or hydro assist. I do have a guy holding a cold duck doubler for me. It should give me a crawl ratio in the area of 54:1. That'll be nice in the rocks!

Back