• Register Today It's free!

Click noise from glove box

PEAR0119

Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer XLT 4.0 4x4
I have this random somewhat annoying click that is coming from behind the glovebox. Its very random but only happens after the car has warmed up and heater has been on for a while. Sometimes it get 2-3 clicks in a row then nothing for 2-3 minutes then a single click and so on, very random. I am able to switch between hot and cold air no issues and no noise. also, When it clicks it almost sounds like an electrical relay of some sort. If I turn the fans off the click never comes back, and when on the click is much more noticeable on the higher fan speeds.

Any ideas what this could be?

I've gotten a weird clicking noise from that area and so I opened the glove box and shut it hard enough and it stopped. ha

I will slam it shut once I get off work and see what happens, can't hurt right. It sounds like an electrical relay clicking on and off only when the car is warmed up. Seems to happen more often when the blower in on the highest setting.

Could be the AC relay for all I know but it still happens when its not on defrost. I think the AC cycles on and off only when on defrost right?

Back