climate and volume control not working | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

climate and volume control not working

haleylorene

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 explorer XLR
purchased my 2017 explorer xlt 2 months ago, was unaware there was an issuer with the controls beneath the touch screen, I waited for 2 month on a BCM to be replaced, which was replaced today and it’s still not working....any ideas on what is causing this issue?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the same fuse in the passenger compartment controls both of those; I've got a response with the exact fuse number in here somewhere else. If your steering wheel controls still control the radio, that fuse is the likely culprit.

Welcome to the Forum Haley. :wave:
Is the vehicle still under warranty? It could be bad contacts. Another member had something similar. already posted in another Forum. 2013 Ford Explorer XLT - Controls not working
When you say the volume control isn't working are you referring to the large knob that also turns the radio ON/OFF?

Peter

the same fuse in the passenger compartment controls both of those; I've got a response with the exact fuse number in here somewhere else. If your steering wheel controls still control the radio, that fuse is the likely culprit.
Fuse #17 according to your previous post.

Peter

controls on the steering wheel works and the touchscreen also works, I can still adjust my climate there. my vehicle is still under warranty. I will have my service department check fuse 17, I don’t trust them very much so i’m not sure if they have checked that yet.

controls on the steering wheel works and the touchscreen also works, I can still adjust my climate there. my vehicle is still under warranty. I will have my service department check fuse 17, I don’t trust them very much so i’m not sure if they have checked that yet.
I am having this same issue since we bought ours 2013 a year ago. Did you find a fix yet?

I am having this same issue since we bought ours 2013 a year ago. Did you find a fix yet?
FYI, the member you quoted was last seen here on March 11, 2020. Have you checked the manual to see if the same fuse may be involved?

Peter

In a previous post that member mentioned the fuse he replaced was shown in the Fuse listing as being for the Electronic Finish Panel. The fuse mentioned for that in your manual is fuse #9 in the cabin fuse box. It also affects a few other items.

Peter

Did you get this resolved? Having the same issue on a 2014 after the radio got some water on it. Number 9 fuse was fine, and disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes didn't help.

Doesn't look like anyone has found a fix or not one that they have reported. The OP was last seen here on March 11, 2020.

Peter

Back