clutch back together but cant get system bled | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

clutch back together but cant get system bled

That's very creative! I would like it a lot more if you used a pressure regulator too so you don't pop the reservoir.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I thought about that but my air chuck I use to fill tires has a gauge built into it. I put a lot of pressure into the res. just to see if the hose between the res. and the master would blow off but I couldn't get it to even when I tried with a spare I had laying around. The air will start to leak around the threads of the res if you put to much air in or if the cap is not on well enough, you dont need a lot of air to bleed the system anyway.

I used this vacuum pump/bleeder from HF. That and Ate super blue racing brake fluid and it bled easy. Did it with just the vacuum pump until the fluid ran blue. Then had a helper pump and hold the clutch and hit it with the vacuum pump a few more times. Looked in the inspection plate and the slave cylinder was moving as it should.

accidental second post of the same thing sorry.

The best way I have seen is to open the bleeder and the cap for about 2 to 3 hours making sure that you have some extra flued near by to top off the fluid as it goes down. I would lock the doors so that no one can get in the cab because I have more than one of my apprentices get in a vehicle and press the peddle with the bleeder open when they were waiting for me to get back from the parts department. The air is caught in the coupler but it will work its way out.

Back