• Register Today It's free!

Clutch from 94 in a 92?

UNCLECRITIC

Reaction score
City, State
Grand Rapids MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 SPORT
Hey guys, very awesome site. I tried to find the answer to my question but I have to head to work, was hoping someone could give me a quick yes or no.

I have to replace the clutch in my 92 sport, and my friend is giving me a performace clutch he has on his shelf collecting dust, but it is for a 94. Long question short, if i am replacing the slave and master anyway, if i get slave and master for a 94, will all of this work?

Most parts places list clutch kits for 91-93 and 94-97, and i was told that the hydraulic system is different, but the pressure plate and disc will bolt up.

Thank you in advance!

Leave the 92 slave cylinder in it and you can use the 94 clutch.

The difference in the clutch kits the auto parts store have is the throwout bearing. The pressure plates and discs are the same.

Thanks for the info. I just swapped the tranny with a junkyard find and put a new slave in it at the same time, and left the clutch as it was since it was replaced 500 miles before i bought the truck. Drove it for about 7 miles and the clutch pedal started to feel a little strange and began to engage really slow until I heard a pop and and had no clutch. Now its really sporatic as to what it does. Sometimes it won't disengage, some times it won't engage. Fluid pours out of the slave cylinder now, regardless of pedal position. So i'm just going to replace the entire system. New clutch, slave, master, and line. if i'm tearing the trans out again, i might as well do what i should have done the first time.

Lesson learned I guess.:mad:

Back