Cobra R wheels on Explorer... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cobra R wheels on Explorer...

I've been searching for the past month for a good set of chrome wheels for my 95 Explorer, either 18 inches or 20 inches. Since the Explorer has a rather irregular bolt circle, I decided to go with some nice wheels that came factory on other Ford vehicles. I've learned that Ford Lightning wheels won't work, which brings me to Cobra R wheels. I've been hearing conflicting information on whether Cobra R wheels will actually FIT on my Explorer. One tire dealership says they should fit with no problem, while another says I might have a problem with the front hubs. Can anybody clear this up for me?

PS - I plan on getting 18 INCH Cobras.

first of all, welsome to the site.

and, yup, they will fit on your truck. the only problem you might run into is some rubbing, but it depends on what tire size you get. the lower profile and narrower the tire, the less chance for rubbing. even if you do get slight rubbing, you can get some small 3/16" spacers from www.explorerexpress.com if you want - some people get the spacers, some people jsut live with the rubbing, cuz its only when you turn the wheel all the way.

you should also try a search from the main page here on "cobra r" - youll find a ton about them and pics and all.

good luck.

Cobra R's

Thanks for the welcome :)

I plan on getting some Nitto Extreme tires, small yet able to handle the weight of the vehicle. I'm hoping that will lower the truck a bit as well.

Back