code p0340, replaced camshaft sensor, still throwing a code, A/C related??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

code p0340, replaced camshaft sensor, still throwing a code, A/C related???

Zmuzic

Reaction score
City, State
Ventura, Ca.
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 EDDIE BAUER
I just replaced the alternator. Then I was driving to work and got an SES light. Noticed some intermittant shudder. Stopped at autozone on the way home and it came up with 2 codes.

P0340 which was the camshaft sensor and said the second code was pending. Autozone told me that after I fix the first problem then it would show me what the second code is.

I replaced the camshaft sensor and the X runs fine until I turn on the VENT, Heater or A/C. I get the SES back and hesitation. But now the hesitation is persistant when using the Vent heater and A/C.

Went back to autozone today on the way home and got p0340 and the second code is pending. It will not show me what the second code is. I erased it same code comes up with second one pending.

WTF I drive a 100 miles one way to work and got to figure this out. I used cruise control and the radio the X runs fine turn on A/C etc.. and it stumbles

Thoughts

Edit: If anyone has a wire diagram or can tell me the connectors associated with the cam position sensor that would be great.

Zmuzic00@hotmail.com

Wow

I am having the same touble code on my 1999 Mec Mount 5.0. I also replaced the alternator recently and couple weeks ago. The alternator was making a loud sound, so I replaced it right before my wife had to drive to California. On the way out, she pulled over, called me and said it was kind of hesitating on the freeway. Thinking it was just her, I told her to try the cruise control. She didn't have to because when she got back on the freeway it was fine. She drove it home just fine also. Then on Monday, I was driving it and I felt what she was talking about and we barely got the car home it was hesitating so much. I took it to Checker and got the same code, p0340. I bought a sensor and that didn't work. I bought the syncronizer and tried the install it tonight, but I do not have all the right tools. I was just going to take it to Ford in the morning, but I will try the A/C and heater thing first.

Back