Code P1000 (OBD Readiness) Won't Clear (B2900 C1805) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Code P1000 (OBD Readiness) Won't Clear (B2900 C1805)

enigma9o7

Reaction score
City, State
Milpitas, San Jose, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Eddie Bauer 4WD V8
I bought my explorer last weekend. Today I had an inspection at a Ford Dealership, and besides a list of maintenance issues that don't surprise me on a vehicle with 100k miles, he said there's one serious problem as it won't allow me to pass California smog - P1000 (Drive Cycle Incomplete).

He said I'd have to pay more for further investigation, but his guess is that it's related to code C1805 or B2900.

So maybe some computers were swapped from other vehicles and need to be programmed or something? I'm looking for ideas where to start. Truck runs great, no check engine light (unless this vehicle doesn't have such a light - it didnt come with a manual; i ordered one on ebay should be here soon).

Complete list of codes on the report, any comments on these would also be useful, but the P1000 is the one that seems important, cuz if it affects smog then I can complain to the seller. The rest I'll deal with myself if I think they matter.

B1317-2F04x4-B+ too high
B1317-2F04x4-B+ too low
C1805-20-ABS-Mismatched PCM and/or ABS/TCS Module
B2900-EO-ABS-VIN Mismatch
U1900-EO-ABS CAN comm Bus Fault-Error Received
U2023-20-ABS-Fault Received from Ext. Node
B1676-DSM-B+ out of range
U1950-DSM-UBP Comm bus fault
B2872-60-TPM-Tire Pressure Sensor Fault
U1950-VSM-UBP Comm bus fault

Thanks, I've done similar searches. I've put a couple hundred miles on it so I expect even if it the battery was unplugged before I bought it, I should have completed the drive cycle. So I think the P1000 is caused by the C1805/B2900/U1900. In that thread you linked, the guy at least knows his vehicles history and knows the pcm and abs unit are original... I have no idea of the service history of mine... but it makes me wonder, if you swap an abs computer from another vehicle, is there something you need to do to "match" it with the ecu? Also in that thread he has amber warning abs light; I have no lights, just the stored codes.

Back