• Register Today It's free!

Coil Spacers??

ammo troop

Reaction score
City, State
Perry County Ahia (Ohio)
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 "BAD"Sport"
question to the masses, I want to increase the lift on my 93' sport. I installed a 2.5 lift from rancho back in 94' when they didn't offer much in the way of lifts for explorers and now want to get a little more hieght on my ride. My question is this, can i use 2" coil spacers, like the ones by Daystar in the front in conjunction with the rancho lift? probably do something like an add -a -leaf in the rear or shackles.
Thanks in advance for any advice

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah I think you can do that. But you will need some aftermarket camber adjusters and don't go over 2 inches!

410Fortune is the man you want to talk to about this. He jusd did the same basic thing on his BII.

If you have drop brackets you can add ford f-150 spacers to get some more lift.. For the rear you can use Shackles and OME springs or shackles and an add a leaf. (the front will be slightly higher unless your front springs are sagged already).

You can get camber bushings up to 3.25 degrees (you get 3.75 on a 4x2).. so you should be able to get it aligned.. the trick is going to a good alignment shop that doesn't just look in a book at factory specs and set your truck to them.. that won't work...

One thing you should look into if you add the f-150 spacer is to get a dropped pitman arm.. This will get rid of the bump steer you will get when you lift the front another 1.5 or so inches.. Do this before you get it aligned as it will change your toe when you change the pitman arm.

~Mark

Thanks for all the advice. need to find a free weekend and I'll be set.

Back