• Register Today It's free!

Coming over to the blue side...

nightowlz

Reaction score
City, State
NYC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer Limite
Well just placed an order for 2013 Explorer Limited 302A, 20", racks, tow, buckets, center console, moonroof ... loaded up except for DVD, shade and mud flaps. Black/Black (yes exciting - just couldn't do Red sight unseen, as that dark red is ugly and the new red I don't know if it is good or not.)

Finally landed a price of $46,700 doesn't seem like anyone else is sharing any numbers out there. MSRP at 50,800 or there about.

Beat X-plan and below invoice about -$200 which isn't as good as the $1000 below I was getting on 2012 from Truecar and such...

Coming from Infiniti is a change since Ford dealers are selling a car that is Mid-level for Infiniti (above EX, in the FX/JX range) in price our of alot of dealerships that looks like they used to sell Yugos.. Metal/laminated desks need to be thrown away, Ford really needs to have a Ford Platinum (not Lincoln as that is an lousy name, and lousy image as for the over 65+ crowd, not to mention poor styling - that grill on the MKX or MKT don't remember was ugly as sin.) brand or something because selling a 12k and a 52k car in the same dealership is too wide a spread, and although the car lured me over, I hope the service is as good as infiniti (Ray Catena NJ).

In the end I decided that JX was too slow coming, too low - station wagon like - only 1" higher than FX, I wasn't going to buy it sight unseen and was coming in 7k more than the explorer for comparable options and LASTLY, sinc they neutered that JX - FWD/AWD with CVT with a minivan engine, seriously sad. PLus they removed the analog clock? seriously removing your signature after 15 years is dumb. Audi Q7 is nice but they eliminated bucket seats - lost my sale... and said they could get me a car if I would like in 6 months... seriously... 6 months...

:exp:
So here i come to Ford, I had a Mustang years ago and yes kept tools in the trunk all the time, I assume that won't be the case.

No build date or VIN yet. Seems 6-8 weeks is the estimate on delivery which puts me right in May. Now the wait begins, can't wait ... never ordered a car to specification, but seems that is the only way to go with ford given all the options.

Nod to Ford for having 300/301/302, but the three trim levels and all make it 9 cars dealers have to carry to cover the span? and in all the colors makes them impossible to find. For comparison, infiniti had 3 levels (now 5) packages, and much easier to find one.

May I ask where you ordered from? I'd love to beat the xplan deal I have now: $47,300 for MSRP $50,080 (Limited, 302A, sun roof, roof rack cross bars, all weather mats, DVD headrests).

Haldeman Ford in East Windsor from Ken. Not much lower than X-Plan but it is something and I do have a $750 coupon that I got from Ford that I should be able to use based on delivery time.

I was going to buy a 2012 using Truecar and was getting as much as $1k below invoice (Jersey City Ford - their price is pretty aggressive), but I don't like their location or showroom and service seems to be for a 20k not a 45k car.

I do have a question for the Ford Team on here - if I have a coupon that expires 4/24 and my car doesn't arrive until 5/1 can they still honor it?

Thanks for the response....

Back