Converting to Manuals. How much $? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Converting to Manuals. How much $?

Brent R. Duey

Reaction score
I am getting ready to convert to manual hubs and I was wondering how much the hubs with conversion kit will cost? Thanks for your help in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

New about $200 for parts. I may have a set of used ones coming available. In good shape with the conversion kits too. Price will be $90 + shipping if you are interested. They are Warn hubs. I will know in a few days if the are available.

JonM

Check out the group purchase forum. There is a group purchase coming up soon I believe where you can get the hubs, the conversion kit, and the socket for $159.

That purchase already took place! :) The hubs should be in transit right now. That's why I have an extra set...

Jon

Jon,

There seem to be a couple more people interested that want a second round? I think?

I would be up for a group buy if they are Warns. 159 sounds like a good price.

Brent. I am not sure if they ARE going to have a second round, but if the do, they are milemarker hubs.

How do milemarkers compare to Warns?

I haven't had actual experience. So someone else may want to answer that one.

Hey JonM, I'm interested in the hubs. You have the socket and everything? Just curious, why are you going with the Mile-Markers over the Warns?

[Edited by Mudd***** on 02-09-2001 at 08:36 PM]

Randall,
Actually, the MM are new and the Warn are slightly used. They are intended as backups, but I figure - hey - live on the edge! Right now I don't get out in the mud much. The socket I have I am going to keep. but I have a full set of Warns with the conversion kit as well as a good set of automatics.

Jon

Here's a spot you can get Warn standard hubs, #29071 for $138.90 and the conversion kit, #27997 for 39.90. And any order over $100 includes free shipping.
Dead Link Removed

FM

Brian,

How did you get the 33% off at Carparts.com?

I had a coupon code from them. Now I don't think they have the 33% anymore. They have stuff like free shipping and like $10 off from $100. Also you have to call them because last I knew, they did not have it listed on their website.

Back