Couldn't adjust camber due to bad bushing! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Couldn't adjust camber due to bad bushing!

uh60james

Reaction score
City, State
Fayetteville, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Sport (Dora), '06 XLT
I stopped by firestone today today to get an alignment since it got knocked out pretty bad after hitting a rock in a mudhole. They told me they couldnt adjust the camber without replacing an eccentric bushing. I have a picture of where it is that they gave me. It doesn't look difficult, but I've been tricked by that before. If anyone has changed them how hard was it? Also I could not find the part on the autozone website, any part numbers or other names that it goes by would be appreciated.

Code:
Before and After the alignment:
Left
             Before        After
Camber     -0.8         -0.5
Caster       5.5           5.5
Toe         -0.27          0.3

Right
Camber    -1.3           -1.4     hmmmmmm
Caster       4.4            4.4
Toe         -0.17          0.8

humm cant help u with a part # but i had that done about 2 yrs back i had local small time shop do it thk price was 70 bucks for alignment an a new bushing . bushings come in different sizes . hope ur shop will not charge u for another alignment if u do it urself :)

When I am looking for hard to find parts, or have a question about availability of an odd (or old car) part I go to NAPA. The NAPA store here has gotten, ordered and been able to tell me parts I was told were unavailable for several vehicles I have are indeed available through them. They've pulled their BOOKS instead of relying on someone's poorly programmed computer database to find the part(s). They told me the two lower bushings in my lower control arms on my 1989 Mustang GT Convertible are available through them. They also told me the power steering control cylinder and center link parts were still available and got me a brand new master cylinder for my daughter's 1966 Mustang. They have also gotten me original style shackle kits for my old Mustangs' rear leaf springs. They couldn't find the correct input shaft seal for my 1994 Explorer's transfer case though because their books, and computer, only showed an un-flanged seal being correct for my truck. I got the number from another local parts source I have used and took it to NAPA (the other source would have had to special order the seal because it wasn't a normal stock item for them). When I took the information to NAPA the seal was an identical match for the one I removed from my transfer case. They noted the information for future reference. They're a bit more expensive, and I DON'T always use them for my parts purchases either.

Back