CPO Gold Certified Coverage

Odrapnew

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Sport
OK, this isn't on my Explorer, but the Edge forums are fairly quiet compared to here (and I still do have my 14 Ex Sport).
I have a 2018 Edge Sport that I purchased Gold CPO last January.

I have a couple items I'd like looked at before the 12/12k comprehensive 'warranty' runs out.

The dual panel moon roof (or is it a sun roof) makes a creaking/rattling sound when going over rough roads. It still functions fine, but it can be very annoying.

Also, the high mounted 3rd brake light is only working in the middle, the outer 1/3 on each side is not working.

Looking at the brochure online doesn't say anything about those 2 items, but that brochure also states it's a partial list of covered items and I should see the dealer for more details.

I have to bring it in for an oil pan leak (not uncommon issue), but I'd like to know if I can include the other 2 items above at the same time to get my money's worth. I suppose I could bring it in with the list of issues and if they cover it, great, if not, I have to pay the $100 for the deductible anyway for the oil pan anyway, so I wouldn't be out that.

Anyone have any experience with Gold CPO and FULL coverage list?
What are the chances that the light and moonroof issues would be covered?

Regarding the 3rd brake light, this is one of the items listed under the 'Not Covered' Items;

O) Electrical failures on incandescent bulbs, halogen bulbs, high-intensity discharge (HID) and LED lamp assemblies;

Peter

Regarding the 3rd brake light, this is one of the items listed under the 'Not Covered' Items;

O) Electrical failures on incandescent bulbs, halogen bulbs, high-intensity discharge (HID) and LED lamp assemblies;

Peter

Thanks.

I swear I looked at every document I could find before but never found it.
Just happened to search again on 'the Google' after your post and found the warranty coverage document, which includes what's not covered.

Here's the doc I found.

In that document, I also noticed line P of not covered:

P) Service adjustments and cleaning/lubricating procedures, fixed (non-moving) body parts, bumpers, glass, moldings, ornamentation, paint, rust, sheet metal, structural underbody framework, sideview and rearview mirrors (glass and housing), rattles/squeaks/wind noise/odors/water leaks, tires, tune-ups, wheel balancing, wheel alignment, fogging/moisture of lamp assemblies, weather strips, wheels, wheel studs, wheel covers, convertible top and bow, fabric, liners, fasteners, carpets, dash pad, knobs, trim, upholstery, physical damage or cosmetic issues;

So, that might mean moonroof rattle is not covered.

Well, I still need to get the oil leak fixed, so I guess I can ask about the brake light and moonroof rattle.....as long as they don't charge for diagnostics if they aren't covered.

EDIT: Looks like a Dorman replacement high mount brake light is ~$100, so it won't break the bank. OE is ~$177.

Back