Crown Vic 5.0 with EEC-V swap, working PATS key? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Crown Vic 5.0 with EEC-V swap, working PATS key?

interceptor1985

Reaction score
City, State
Estacada, Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
1985 Crown Vic Coupe
I'm in need of more information on how the PATS system works, I would like to have the system fully operational...I'm building the car pretty much from the ground up, 1985 Crown Victoria coupe. so far my plan is..
1985 Crown Victoria Coupe body
1999 Ford Crown Victoria Police interceptor chassis and suspension.
2000 Ford Explorer 5.0l WITH the EEC-V and working PATS key
1999+ Ford F-150 V6 4R70W Automatic trans with the extended 1999 Interceptor tail-shaft/housing
1999 metal matrix composite drive shaft
3.55 gears and tracloc

That's pretty much the condensed version, I just need to know how to get the EEC-V and pats working in a custom ground up build, my goal is to have the engine running as if it was still in the explorer.:D
:burnout:

I'm going to be buying the engine within this month or so so I just need these few questions sorted out first.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This is beginning to sound extremely expensive, unless I come cross a complete untouched parts Explorer at a U-Pull...the engine I'm looking at is a 2000 with complete harness and computer, would the older 1997 computer work with it?

I have decided to buy a 1997 5.0l and forget about the PATS...perhaps someday I'll find a complete parts car for pats, right now I need to focus on getting the rest of the project completed.

A lil update, I have the 97 parts explorer and a friend that can use much of the extra parts on his 98 once I tear into her (so I don't feel bad about ripping into her) and so far the work on the other parts car has been going smoothly:D

Back