"Custom" Driveshaft for a 4406 and 4" Superlift on the Cheap | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

"Custom" Driveshaft for a 4406 and 4" Superlift on the Cheap

thanks for the info.

CMAX

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thanks for the info.

CMAX

Did you ever find one? I need one too but have never seen a rear double cardan on any Explorer at my junkyard.

will this work on my 4405 tcase?

Update: I ended up having my "custom" Double-Cardan front shaft retubed and rebalanced, they added about 5" to it, final length was 33 7/8" It only cost $150. The home-made setup was getting only about 1.5" of spline engagement, so while it worked at low speed, anything over 40mph caused vibration.

Did you ever find one? I need one too but have never seen a rear double cardan on any Explorer at my junkyard.

I never picked one of these up yet. It is definately on the project list probably when I fix up my noise t-case. I just recently had a front driveshaft made or my explorer sport. It only cost $250.00 and gets ride of the CV joint at the tcase. The only disadvantage is that it is not a double cardon driveshaft. I will get pictures of it up soon.

CMAX

Superlift shaft is too short now for sale. I ordered the flange to put on a Cherokee DS

A place to get the flange

I got a front cv drive shaft from a 1995 Jeep cherokee with a 4.0l. I used this flange http://www.northerndrivetrain.com/product/SPI-211229X.html they are great to deal with. Tell them Jim sent you. lol With that combo the front drive shaft works perfect as noted before it uses the same u-joints.

THANK YOU guys for all the info

Back