• Register Today It's free!

Dash board lights

japes

Reaction score
City, State
MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
Raptor
Has anyone changed the dash lights in a 3rd gen Explorer (Well a 2003+) I want to change out the Green LED's and use White LED's So the dash will be White Numbers with Red Needles. Wondered if anyone has done it and has any pointers, searched but just came up with a bunch of stuff for 2ed gen.

japes said:
Has anyone changed the dash lights in a 3rd gen Explorer (Well a 2003+) I want to change out the Green LED's and use White LED's So the dash will be White Numbers with Red Needles. Wondered if anyone has done it and has any pointers, searched but just came up with a bunch of stuff for 2ed gen.

you can replace the bulbs but it wont light up white. the green actually comes from the numbers themselves being green. the bulbs in the back are actually just plain old clear bulbs. on my old 03 i changed out the bulbs with bright-white xenon bulbs and had the reverse glow gauges which lit up blue. i was going to change the needles to a blue but ended up trading in the 03 for an 05. i cant recall what the bulb type was for the lights. i guess just take your dash apart, pull them out, and find out for yourself. perhaps some one else here can help out.

Back