Dash Kit for Double Din Monitor.. Help! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Dash Kit for Double Din Monitor.. Help!

ADonato

Reaction score
City, State
Lafayette, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Ford Explorer XLT
I recently installed a Pioneer AVH-P4000 DVD monitor into my 03 Explorer XLT. It is installed fine and fits great but I do not have a dash kit on it and no one makes one for a Double Din in an 03 Explorer. Any Recommendations or ideas on how to keep this thing stabilized in my dash? Please help.. Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Will this one work?

That dash wasn't exactly a double din just like the older ones right? Like in my 98 I had to cut t out and actually molded it in. I work at an audio shop and did it in between jobs. I got rid of my rear wiper so I also molded it out. Still have to go back and touch it up, just been lazy, lol.
l_ef3978b6ba917531bc82a64ed8a6e621.png

l_4ce0bb16c029c433b1592d0a52f5736c.png

I recently installed a Pioneer AVH-P4000 DVD monitor into my 03 Explorer XLT. It is installed fine and fits great but I do not have a dash kit on it and no one makes one for a Double Din in an 03 Explorer. Any Recommendations or ideas on how to keep this thing stabilized in my dash? Please help.. Thanks!

Go to Best Buy or circuit city and tell them you want a double din for your explorer. They will have it

FYI...Metra AND Scosche make DD kits for 3rd gens

Go to Best Buy or circuit city and tell them you want a double din for your explorer. They will have it

FYI...Metra AND Scosche make DD kits for 3rd gens

what he said. i work at best buy and we have the double din kit for your explorer hanging up on a peg hook

I'm looking at getting the Pioneer 5.8" In-Dash Video System With GPS Navigation System (AVIC-F700BT) put into my 97 is it any extra work to put in the Metra kit? Cost of installation be more?

There are indeed kits now. When I first got my double din back in 2005, the kits available were junk, but I think they have improved since then.

I ended up just making my own trim panel with ABS plastic and attached (glued) that to the Alpine trim ring. The cage fits perfectly in the dash opening, and then I attach the homemade trim panel and put the bezel back in place. It looks very clean and better than any kit I've seen. It wasn't all that difficult, either.

Back