• Register Today It's free!

Detroit, Michigan

RDellert11

Reaction score
City, State
Trenton Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 Xlt
I noticed that the last time anyone tried to set somethin up around the Detroit area, was like 2002...Expo5.0 I think made the post. Very nice truck by the way, i'd like to see it..You or any others around the detroit area want to meet up sometime soon?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ive got a lifted X in the detroit area if some one set something up i might show

i in the area too....subscribing now.

not sure of many places to offroad around here, everyonce in a while me and my buddies go down this road out by the monroe area, its called haggerman road.. its a seasonal road with tons of big ass ruts and holes. Well I went down it with my explorer with no lift and street tires and got stuck in this 3 foot rut that was half full with water, and by the time help came it was full of water and it was filling up my exhaust pipe. My friend had his lifted toyota pickup there, and a toyota 4 runner, and a bronco, and all of us but the toyota's got stuck, but of couse I went through the biggest hole cause I was like 6 beers deep and didn't even care at the time. Our chain had snapped, so we called my friends dad to come and bring us a chain, he had his new 06 jeep grand cherokee and that even got stuck lol... the toyota pulled him out too with the chain he brought.. it was a pretty fun night. Could venture out there one day, with some of my friends too, or if you guys know of anywhere, they're looking for other places to go as well. Just let me know, maybe we could set something up

Sport Cruise or Offroad event? I'm in Ann Arbor, I'd probably show up for either. My truck isn't too "sporty" except for the red and white Sport badge glued to it. It isn't very "off-roady" except for the stock 4wd system. I'd still be up for hanging out though. :)

yeah same with me man, i'm kindof an inbetweener too, but I know my friends got a couple trucks they go offroading with and they'd like to go.. maybe everyone (sport and offroad) can meet up at like an offroading spot or somewhere very close to it, and the people that want to offroad can go do that?? help me out with some idea's and hopefully we can set somethin up!

I'd be up for some minor mud slinging or something, but my truck can't handle some of the bigger off road trails.

Just let me know, I'll come hang out and get my truck a little dirty.

well lets get a count of who is actually willing to show...? anyone who is willing and will show just leave one, and if you have any friends that would like to come thats cool too, just let me know, because I don't even want to bother trying to set anything up if nobody will go

depending on time and place...i can be there.

I actually did find a place I would like to go to better... its like on the corner of wick and wayne road out in romulus. Its about a 2 mile radius of just hills, jumps, trails, off roading spots, and basically everything. You can take 4 wheelers or dirtbikes back there too if you want to ride. Would a weekend be better for you guys or what? I'm off wednesday and thursday this week, so if those times aren't good for you guys we can aim for the week after and see whats available. I'll take some buddies with 4 wheelers and stuff since I don't really have an "offroading" truck, but we can all hangout out there and have some fun. Sport trucks are welcome too

I will have a hard time going during the week. I will have my son this week...and he may like to go..if not the 13th is the best for me right now. What type of land is this? Is an updated ORV sticker needed?

there is just about everything back there.. lot of mud if you like to get dirty, some hills, whatever you want. An orv sticker is not needed. I don't really think its legal to be back there since there is always a sign there that just says like "stay out" or something.. we just move the sign, go in, and put it back lol, but i've not once heard anything about cops being back there or giving anyone a hard time around there. hell I don't even think the cops would stand a chance back there anyway. We've been out there riding 4 wheelers and stuff a bunch of times. The last time we went, we saw a lifted bronco doing some trail riding

keep me posted, if time and place is right I may be up for it! Weekends are better for me also.

Well, I only get my work schedule for 1 week at a time, and looks like the weekends would be better for everyone, including me, but unfortunately this week I have to work Friday Saturday AND sunday.....=( So if I have a weekend day off next week, i'll post and that will be the day ill aim for and if you guys could make it that would be great

I never noticed this thread before. I'd be interested in meeting some local members too. So did any of you guys ever set anything up yet?

BTW-If you still go to the park near Wayne and Wick, you might want to watch out for cops now. My inlaws live down the street from there and see the police called there all the time.

I'd be down, i was thinking about trying to get a detroit explorer club started.

-Rich

well I don't know how many custom ex's there are around the detroit area...and would this club be based on sport, or lift? but hey if you get something going, hit me up, i'd more than likely join

It would be nice to have a club involving each, lowered, 4x4 etc.
Anyone have a front bumper for a 96 explorer laying around?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It doesn't matter to me if they're lifted, lowered, or stock. It would be nice to just get a few local people together who are interested in Explorers. My truck isn't a show truck or an off road toy, just a fun all-purpose daily driver.

Back