Diablo Chip Opinons | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Diablo Chip Opinons

Talk 2 Troll

Allright,
First off, read through some of the threads on the Diablo Chip. I started one and Troll poste a reply claiming he now sold the Diablo Chips for roughly $165.00, just call him, start a threat for him or whatever. The website proably hasn't been updated.
Secondly, GLC8937, a chip will offer far more improvement for an automatic over a manual. One of its greatest features is the adjusting of the shift points. Obviously on a manual it cannot do this. Basicall, from what i hear, a chip does not offer nearly the same amount of gains for a manual as it does an automatic.
Later
BRoderick

heres an interesting thread for you guys, off of f150online.com. It's f150's, not explorers, but I think the results may be similar for you...
http://www.f150online.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47557
FYI, the user "SUPERCHIPS_DISTRIBUTOR" is who we are doing our group purchase through. he carries both superchips and diablo chips.

update :p

well, I did some more thinking about this.. talked to my friends.. parents that kinda thing.. basically they made a point that if this thing has even a .001% increase on wear and tear on the engine I could wind up having to dish out tons of money to have it fixed.. and where I am in a financial position to buy a chip, I'm far from having to replace an engine or computer or something else heavy like that..

one thing I'm wondering is.. how can it make the shifts firmer w/o being just plain hard? my shifts right now are rather hard and noticable as it is.. I beleive the sites also mention allowing the engine to rev higher? if I punch it now it already revs up to 4500 RPM.. I don't think that is even healthy, much less a chip allowing it to go higher?

as this is. and will be my "daily driver" there are times when I will be nothing more than the average driver, sometimes you can't help it in traffic and things.. maybe I'm just paranoid, but I dunno if this chip would be a very good permanent swap cos of things that.. I guess I should contact troll, I'll think about it when this pounding headache I have right now goes away :p

Talk 2 Troll

DarkFox1

I think that you should talk to Troll... your analyzing the chip to much... from what I have heard it does not damage the engine like you are saying. From looking at all your modz, the chip would make your car fly...
laterz
Broderick

Back