differences between limited-EB-XLT? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

differences between limited-EB-XLT?

jyo

Reaction score
City, State
Havre de Grace,MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Explorer Eddie Bauer
whats the differences, specifically the 91-94 years? I'm wondering more on the Limited, because I've had an EB in the past, and would really like an Limited now.

thanx

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm not sure about in the 91-94 time frame but the current differences are mostly in styling. The EB and Limited cost about the same and come standard with most of the same options. Interior and exterior styling is the biggest difference as far as I can tell. Also the limited gets colors that aren't available on the other cars.

You can get an XLT that is fully loaded, and has almost all the options of a Limited.

I don't know what the EB comes with, but the Limited has standard;
Power Windows, Power Locks, Power Leather Seats w/ Driver's Memory, Leather Door Trim, Heated Power Mirrors, Electronic Compass, Electronic Temperature, Tilt, Cruise, Premium 9-Speaker Sound w/ Subwoofer, Privacy Glass, Running Boards Custom Front Bumper, Custom Grille, Custom Trim, Towing Package, Premium Wheels, Color-Coded Headlight surround, Color-Coded Rear Bumper, "Limited" sewn into floormats and seats.
I think that's it. I'm happy with it.

Originally posted by woodychitwn
I don't know what the EB comes with, but the Limited has standard;
Power Windows, Power Locks, Power Leather Seats w/ Driver's Memory, Leather Door Trim, Heated Power Mirrors, Electronic Compass, Electronic Temperature, Tilt, Cruise, Premium 9-Speaker Sound w/ Subwoofer, Privacy Glass, Running Boards Custom Front Bumper, Custom Grille, Custom Trim, Towing Package, Premium Wheels, Color-Coded Headlight surround, Color-Coded Rear Bumper, "Limited" sewn into floormats and seats.
I think that's it. I'm happy with it.

What all does the overhead console have?

The 1994 Limiteds have a completely different vehicle electrical harness compared to the Eddie Bauer and XLT.

The 94LTD has:
Overhead display console w/ temp and compass
Auto Dim mirror w/ elect controls
Auto-on Headlights
Auto-Delay headlights
Keyless entry
Anti-theft
fog lights in airdam
JBL sub and sound system
2 person electric memory seats
Thick leather seats with 8 way power movement
Auto-down driver window
-Battery Saver Device on interior lights
4 wheel ABS
-Thats all! (concerning the LTD electronics)

Exterior wise, the LTD's have an airdam, Bumpers are painted body color, they have a different sytle rubber moulding strip, different grill, the steering wheel is same color as seats, etc, etc.

Hope this helps
Al

The overhead console has the compass and temperature readout w/ ice warning. There's a space for a garage door opener and front map lights. The rear-view mirror has controls for the auto-dimmer, manual dimmer, and the automatic headlights.

Originally posted by jyo
whats the differences, specifically the 91-94 years? I'm wondering more on the Limited, because I've had an EB in the past, and would really like an Limited now.

thanx

The Limited was available only in1994, as Asp84 stated already, but some people here seem to have late 1993 Limiteds....

wouldnt a late 93 be a 94?

Originally posted by jimabena74
wouldnt a late 93 be a 94?

That is what I thought, but by "late" 93, I mean June or July, Sept. and later is the next year....:D

Factoid: the police like to buy the Ex's when they are nearing the end of the model year, every single police one I have seen is built in 6/19XX, including mine.

Limited is a '93 Model

Mine was manufactured in May 1993, and it appears in the 1993 literature.

My sisters ex-boyfriends parents had a 93' Limited also, and theres a bunch for sale in autotrader - both 93's and 94's.

Back