Display and Voice control of Climate | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Display and Voice control of Climate

Does this TSB mean the dealer has to install the option or will that be available a a normal OTA software update?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Update. I don't know if it was due to recent updates installed but my Aviator no longer has the ability to control climate temperature settings using Voice Commands.

Peter
Here's what I'm trying to figure out. All of the videos on the Internet show no icon for climate controls, yet the users manual shows all these features should be available on the Sync3 screen? Everyone on the Internet says to just use the physical controls on the dash, but there's an issue with that as well. There is no Dual button on the dash? It's not there. The only way to sync the Driver and Passenger temps together is to shut the system down and turn it back on. Press the Menu button on the dash and you get 3 options for venting only on the screen, not the entire list of features shown in the manual. As mentioned, none of the climate voice commands are recognized either. I did all the hard resets and thumb drive updates with Ford and still no climate features or commands. Ford called me back and said that TSB 21-2411 takes care of that. Have an appointment with the dealer and I will let you know if it addresses these issue, or not?

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Do you have any info on the TSB?

Peter
Thanks! Not really. The service desk told me this bulletin addresses the rear back-up camera and I said, "My back-up camera is working fine." "I'm trying to address the lack of climate controls on the Sync screen". He then said, "Oh wait, I see here it addresses the lack of climate controls as well." I have an appointment on Monday and I will report back after they look at it. Hopefully everything shows up after they perform the update.

I was told that if "Climate" isn't one of the items/selections listed at the bottom of the Home screen then it cannot be controlled with Voice Commands. When I try using voice, it comes back tell me to use the physical buttons.

Peter

I was told that if "Climate" isn't one of the items/selections listed at the bottom of the Home screen then it cannot be controlled with Voice Commands. When I try using voice, it comes back tell me to use the physical buttons.

Peter
Why would the climate related screen and voice commands be listed in the owner's manual, but not available in the vehicle? That's what I'm trying to figure out. So far, I've had people on-line tell me the same thing you are saying here, but no one from Ford has said that yet.

Does this TSB mean the dealer has to install the option or will that be available a a normal OTA software update?
I'm being told this has to be done at the dealer. I just updated to the latest on-line update via thumb drive and nothing changed regarding the climate controls or commands. Still not there.

Why would the climate related screen and voice commands be listed in the owner's manual, but not available in the vehicle? That's what I'm trying to figure out. So far, I've had people on-line tell me the same thing you are saying here, but no one from Ford has said that yet.
Check the small print in brackets.
1645468504795.png

Peter

Check the small print in brackets.
View attachment 426593

Peter
Voice commands for "Set Temperature" aren't working for me. And "if equipped" - how can a Platinum be "not equipped"? Something seems amiss here. For instance:

P. 137
"Press the dual zone button on the touchscreen or adjust the passenger set point normally to use dual zone operation without a passenger present. The system remains in dual zone operation until you switch the vehicle off."

Does anyone have the dual zone button on their touchscreen? I sure don't.

Voice commands for "Set Temperature" aren't working for me. And "if equipped" - how can a Platinum be "not equipped"? Something seems amiss here.
I believe that Ford/Lincoln doesn't always update their manuals on a year to year basis for every model and the "if equipped" would cover them in case changes are made to certain items. You don't have it on your Platimum and I don't have it on my Aviator.

Peter

After more research, I'm convinced these Sync3 climate controls and climate related voice commands where not originally included in this build. Not on the 21-22 models either. The TSB 21-2411 appears to only address bad behavior and does not restore or add any missing climate control features. Really not a huge problem, except there is no easy way to DUAL SYNC the driver and passenger temps on these vehicles. If Ford just added a DUAL button to the screen that pops up when you hit the hard MENU button on the dash, that would be an easy fix. Probably not a big enough deal to them to mess with though.

Although I can't confirm it now, I am sure that I was able to use voice commands at one time to change the temperature in my Aviator. It is the only way I've ever changed/set the temperature and I can't see myself not adjusting the temperature for 2 years.

Peter

Back