Does anyone have a... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Does anyone have a...

G

gensic11

First i would like to say hello to everyone. I am brand new to the board. I just bought my explorer yesterday and i LOVE it.. i had a 1994 camaro before it and it gave me all kinds of problems.. i was worried at first cause i heard explorers gave ppl tons of problems.. but i went wit it anyway cause i know how that goes.. Anyway hit me up on AIM if anyone wants to chat..................

Now my question.. does anyone have a factory CD player deck? my 1997 XLT did not come with one.. only casset and i cant stand it lol but i dont wanna spend an assload on a new cd player since im broke as hell buying this car. I really dont have much money but if someone has one just lyin around with all the connections i would LOVE to have it and ill see what i can do about giving you decent money for it. So anyone got one? :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

First off welcome to the board...

If your deck has CD Changer controls you can get a changer off the board (OEM Changer) for around $100...

If it dosent then I have one with controls that you can have for $35 shipped to you... And then you can find another OEM changer...

Just put up a post in the For Sale forum that you're looking for an OEM changer... Any one from a 95-01 should work fine on your truck...

Then if you need the cable to go from the deck to the changer you can get that for like $40...

Ok well my deck has a button that says CD right next to the Cassett enterance.. is that what you're talking about? I'm kinda new to the explorers but ill get a hang of it :) i'm used to chevy.. anyway so i just need the changer? that's what i was thinking actually.. Cause like i said my deck now already has the CD button.

You should be good then, just find a used OEM changer, should be between $75-125 plus shipping, anymore than that and keep looking... But put up a post in the for sale trade and wanted, someone will have one for sale..

Heath- thank you very much for the Info you have been very helpful. I'm gonna enjoy being on this board. Once again i appreciate it.

I say just go out and buy a cheaper aftermarket one. Look at Alpine or Pionner. They have some quality cheap CD decks.

Originally posted by Heath
You should be good then, just find a used OEM changer, should be between $75-125 plus shipping,

Yeup.. I've got the one out of my '99 Sport for $120 shipped. Sitting in a box waiting for an owner. This is the one that goes in the center console and the mounting bracket comes with it. Email or PM if you need any details or hit me up on AIM. AOL SN>> Yeup

It should be a direct plug and play to your factory HU

I've got a factory CD player, dunno if I wanna sell it though.

The stock HU i have is the one without the built in amp, so, if I did decide to sell it to you if you wanted it I don't know if it would work for you. Do you have the factory amp in the rear?

wired_af, is that radio just a am/fm cd or is it a am/fm/cd/cass?

i put a 98+ dual media radio (am/fm/cd/cass into our 97 ex. works great. i made a post on how to wire it up in the audio section of the forums.

now i'm looking for antoher dual media radio for my ranger. doesnt matter if the display doesnt work or not.

Back