Does anyone know where there is beach access for 4x4ing in North Carolina? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Does anyone know where there is beach access for 4x4ing in North Carolina?

MattStarr

Elite Explorer<br>ECX Member
Reaction score
City, State
St Petersburg, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
99' EB Expedition
Does anyone know where there is beach access for 4x4ing in North Carolina? I am looking for places south of hatteras. Preferably south of Wilmington. I have found Carolina Beach, Kure Beach and Fort Fisher> Is there any beacj further South of there? Around Calabash/Sunset Beach/Ocean Isle Beach? Thanks for the tips?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am not sure where there is that south. If you want to go to Corolla, you just follow the main road til it ends.

Robb

I've been to Corolla/Carova before...... Carolina beach and fort fisher are about 15 miles south of wilmington.... im looking for any places further south closer to the SC/NC border

Any ideas, anyone?

No ideas here, but I'd be interested to know too :)

Diablo.... how far are you from NC..... currently I go to school in Myrtle Beach......we should run sometime

I'm in Atlanta, I don't know how far I am from the Carolina beaches.

I'm driving up to Davidson this Friday (20 minutes north of Charlotte), and Mapquest is telling me 4 hours 18 minutes. Can you figure out approximate time to the beaches?

BTW, if you're in Myrtle Beach, you should come down and run some of the north Georgia trails with us!

Where in GA are you? I'm on a college students budget so I cant travel too far. What kind of trails do you have? Beach or mountains?

I'm in Atlanta. We've got mountain trails around here, beach is like 4 hours to the south

Thats cool, you gotta let me know if your ever in the SC area. NC is only a short drive away. There are some real nice beaches up there. My email is SurferVaBeach@aol.com . Be in touch.........

Myrtle is 6.5 hours from Atlanta and 4 hours from Charlotte.

6.5 hours from here to Myrtle Beach is longer than I was thinking.

But, it turns out I was thinking about HHI, because that's only 4.5 hours from here.

Is there anywhere in Hilton Head or SC for that matter, to legally drive on the beach?

MattStarr, good to see another Virginia Beacher on the boards! There are tons upon tons of miles to drive on the sand down in the Outer Banks. Here is my rundown (i have done everybit of milage from VA/NC border to Hatteras:

VA/NC border to Corolla
Oregon Inlet (south of Nags Head)
Salvo to Avon on Hatteras Island
Avon to Buxton
Around the point from Buxton to Frisco Village
All around Hatteras Village to Hatteras Inlet
Cross the ferry to Ocracoke and that is all open as well

Thats my run down, go check them out...

Then there is always Okracoke Island. Quick ferry trip out. Last time I was there (prolly 10 years ago), you could drive on the beaches.

Robb

Originally posted by VBVASploder
Cross the ferry to Ocracoke

Originally posted by morrisey0
Then there is always Okracoke Island. Quick ferry trip out.

Hey, Matt, have you ever heard of a place called Ocracoke? I hear some guys actually call it Okracoke too, but yeah, have you ever heard of it?

:p :p :p

Yeah, thats a little farther North..... I'm looking for more places South of Wilmington. I have only found two beaches so far where you can legally drive.

Back