does anyone with cobra r's get wheel rub? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

does anyone with cobra r's get wheel rub?

lookin at the 17x9's and wondering if ya get wheel rub?

di ya have to put on any wheel spacers?

what size tires are you running?

and if anyone has any pics of an Ex with chrome cobra r's id love to see it. thanks!
-mike

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Cobra's off a Mustang will need spacers if you get the wide tires (275/55). EE has the replicas (fake) that don't need spacers for around $160 I think.

Do more SEARCH on this and you'll see more info. Is that right you got 744 post? :rolleyes:

they will rub on the lower control arm at full turn. how bad will depend on if you are lowered, and if so, how much. you can either grind some of the lip off of the lower control arm, replace the steering stoppers with bolts to make them adjustable, or run spacers.

Here are my 17x9's with 255/60/17 Toyo Proxies
14802picture-3-med.jpg

More pics in my sig.:)

cool thanks guys

and yes x-factor thats my correct post count? is there a problem?

Originally posted by X-factor
Cobra's off a Mustang will need spacers if you get the wide tires (275/55). EE has the replicas (fake) that don't need spacers for around $160 I think.
You dont NEED spacers and I would not recommend them. The front is already wide enough and when I put spacers on it made me feel very unsafe... and for good reason. They made my lugs back off within 5 minutes. Like Jamest said, just grind off some of the lower a-arm. If you dont want to do that I have a set of Steeda steering limiters that I'll sell you cheap. You will get tire rub on the swaybar no matter what... but thats no big deal.

i didnt have tire rub on the sway bars- of course, i had a 255/50 on the front which is abit shorter than what everyone else runs.

Back