Does Ford Even Care about the Surveys? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Does Ford Even Care about the Surveys?

Now this is coming from a person that works at a Dealership..............CHOOSE YOUR SALESMAN WISELY!!! These guys are out for blood because of the low volume of sales compared to 3 years ago.

If you get caught on the lot by a sales man he is either.....
-Newbie, has to be nearly yanking at your door handles when you pull up and tries the hardest to get you inside and is half way clueless about the cars.
-Lot shark, this one stays in the lot all day waiting for you to drive up, he is slick and will shoot you a high price as soon as you walk up to see if you will bite. This is the one that will make you irritated.

What you want is the experienced salesman inside the showroom sitting at his desk the does not have to look at the lot for sales. He earns his sales by loyalty.

-

They pay very close attention to those surveys! However, if the salesman was good I would make sure to make not of that.

I had a very similar event when I was buying my Cruze. I went to the "Chevy Giant" and I found a Cruze I liked, I was there a total of 3 times to look at it so they knew I was serious. I went back to buy it on a Saturday and there was a problem with BoA so my loan wasnt ready. The general manager there wanted me to take the car home that day. I wanted to wait until I had everything with the financing in place. He pushed and pushed was changing numbers left and right. I said let me leave a deposit on the car and Ill come back with my loan check on monday or tuesday whenever it comes. His response was "Im not taking a deposit. These cars are hot right now and I can sell it to someone else for more money. Hopefully it will be here when you come back." I left there and went to a small family owned dealership further away from home and left a deposit that night and brought the car home the following week and couldnt be happier.

Back