• Register Today It's free!

Done, it's been ordered!

LIVIO

Reaction score
City, State
York Region, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
17 Ford Explorer Platinum
Hey everyone, I have been driving my 2014 Ford Explorer Sport in Black for almost three years now and it has been an amazing vehicle. Love the looks, the power and the overall features that it has.

So, I was at my local dealer this morning at 9:00am and it's replacement has been ordered. The order bank opens on March 28th from what I see, so my order will be submitted on Monday for a 2017 Ford Explorer Platinum in White!

I selected every possible option other than the Dual-Headrest DVD Entertainment System. I just don't need it and will never use it. So now the wait begins and I hope I get it by mid to late June as that is when my current lease expires.

I have to tell you, I almost made the switch to a 2017 Lincoln MKX however when Ford offered the Ebony interior colour on the Ford Explorer Platinum, that pretty well sealed the deal on the Explorer and the MXK just didn't stand up to the Platinum.

Anyway, I'm not going anywhere for the next three years and I'm pleased to remain part of the Ford Explorer Forum.

Livio :ca:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Congratulations of placing the order for your new vehicle. With production not getting under way until June 6th I don't know if actually getting it by late June might be overly optimistic. Since you have already placed the order, you can extend your current lease if you wish to do so. As for the interior, I guess that is a personal choice. I have the black interior in my MKT and will not get that colour again if I have a choice. It shows every little mark and scuff compared to the light stone that I had in my 2011 Explorer. I find that with the MKX every thing on it seems to be an option which gets to an price I'm not comfortable with. I will likely get a 2017 or 2018 Platinum in the white platinum colour like you ordered.
Check up on the lease extension with your salesman, just in case.;)
I'm thinking end of July to mid August for delivery. You can also reduce the lease interest rate by using the Multiple Refundable Security Deposit feature.

Peter

Hey Peter, your a scholar and a gentleman.

I've never heard of this Multiple Refundable Security Deposit feature you mentioned.

You can also reduce the lease interest rate by using the Multiple Refundable Security Deposit feature.

I have been dealing with my local Ford dealer for many years and many vehicles later so I have no doubt that they will do whatever possible for me.

I will still ask though about this MRSD feature for sure.

Thank you!

Livio :salute:

Hey everyone, here are the latest updates from my Dealer.
We now have a VIN and my Platinum was built on July 11th.
So at this point I guess it would be somewhere between Chicago or enroute to the Dealer.
Stay tuned.
Livio :burnout:

Hello everyone, now that my Explorer has been built and I know is somewhere between the Plant in Chicago and Richmond Hill, Ontario, is their a specific way to actually track it so I can determine when it will arrive at my Ford dealer?

Thanks,
Livio :ca::usa:

Hello everyone, now that my Explorer has been built and I know is somewhere between the Plant in Chicago and Richmond Hill, Ontario, is their a specific way to actually track it so I can determine when it will arrive at my Ford dealer?

Thanks,

Unfortunately, No there isn't. Provided that your Ex has actually left the Chicago Plant parking lot, and is not waiting to be loaded on transportation headed out your way. Now you're at the mercy of the Rail/Transport truck that is delivering it.
I may be wrong, but I don't even think your dealer can tell you until it actually arrives at the dealership.

If you contact @FordService, they can probably provide you an approximate ETA but will not (understandably) provide rail/truck details.

Your dealer can see that information, but it is considered proprietary to Ford. That being said, they can assuredly also give you a good ETA or broad status of where along the trail your vehicle is.

Congrats on the purchase--enjoy!

At the request of FordService, please do not use @FordService to contact them. Use the private message system by using the Forum's Conversation method. I don't believe they have the ability to track once the vehicle has left the plant.

Peter

Unfortunately, No there isn't. Provided that your Ex has actually left the Chicago Plant parking lot, and is not waiting to be loaded on transportation headed out your way. Now you're at the mercy of the Rail/Transport truck that is delivering it.
I may be wrong, but I don't even think your dealer can tell you until it actually arrives at the dealership.
Yes there is a way but it involved the dealer. Ask your salesman to generate a "Vehicle Visibility" report for you. See post 74 in the above link I provided for LIVO.

Peter

Thanks everyone. You all truly never cease to amaze me.
My 2017 Explorer Platinum should be arriving next week at some point.
Here are some of the details that I received from my local Ford dealer earlier tonight.

Body Code K8H
Vehicle Line Explorer 4-door
Primary In Transit
Secondary Passing (Norfolk Southern Corp)
Vehicle Location Argwessca, IN
Status Date/Time Jul-21-2016, 18:35 ET
Start Date
Jul-25-2016
End Date Jul-31-2016
ETA Disposition N/A

Thanks guys.

FYI, LIVO, my 2011 was off loaded in the Toronto area and placed on a transport truck for the Ottawa area.

Peter

We must be very close to "arrival time" at my dealership as my Platinum is now on their website.

I expect it's arrival this week however I would guess in the next day or so.

Basically a 4 month wait that is almost over.

Hopefully she is perfect.

Well, it has arrived!

IMG_20160726_094439_zpsyemzqrx0.jpg

IMG_20160726_100733_zpsgtvliaec.jpg

:burnout:

Very nice Livio. Congratulations. I wish someone would order a White Gold so I could see what it looks like. I've seen pictures of it on an Escape.

Peter

Thanks Peter. I really appreciate it. I'll add another photo once a couple mods are done.
You know, I just don't see the White Gold or Canyon Ridge being big sellers.
I personally think they won't last much past 2017 as Ford will pull them based on poor sales.

Well, it has arrived!

IMG_20160726_094439_zpsyemzqrx0.jpg

IMG_20160726_100733_zpsgtvliaec.jpg

:burnout:

Congrats...beautiful!
I'm heading down to the GTA this weekend and though I doubt we'll see each other on the roads, but just in case; I'll be in a black 2016 Sport with custom plates (dont' be shy to wave or honk).

My dealer had one in stock a couple of weeks ago. I thought it looked great, and should be offered as a sport. I'm partial to that color anyway.

Mods completed.

1) Tint
2) Leather Conditioner
3) Polished with Liquid Glass
4) Installed OE Ford Rear Bumper Protector
5) Swapped out OE Hankook's for Toyo Celsius CUV All Weather Tires in 265/50R20 (OE TIRES ARE AVAILABLE)

17X_zps4qinpmtp.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

^ Stylin!

Back