Door ajar switches replaced now interior lights dont work | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Door ajar switches replaced now interior lights dont work

SCRAPINRANGER

Reaction score
City, State
DELA-WHERE?
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 RANGER 3.0
I have a 98 xlt ranger extend cab. My door ajar light was screwing up so I replaced both door ajar switches. Worked fine for 1 trip to work. Now my interior lights and cargo only work when I turn them on by the dimmer switch. They dont work when I open the doors they dont work when I hit the dome light switch. FIX OR REPAIR DAILY is no joke. What could this problem be? How do I fix it? As always thanks in advance. :usa:

...It sounds like during your installation you must have left a loose connection...:dunno:

wellllll, I'd put back the old switches... :)

Anyways, IF you lights don't work from the manual toggles, then it has nothing to do with with the door switch as those activate different bulbs. Maybe try checking the bulbs first, then take a meter and see if there is voltage at the bulbs.

ooops assuming the ranger is wired the same as an explorer.

...They have the same basic setup as the Explorer's do as in how they are wired, Gem module, and LOM..

...My first thought it may be one wire or ground on the drivers door that may be the problem...Tracing is the best thing to do...

Back