• Register Today It's free!

door handles

bonnich

Reaction score
City, State
Toronto ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 1500 HEMI SLT
I have a 96 4dr and the rear door handles on the inside do not work any more. Its like the child safety locks are on but their not. I can still open the door from the outside. Any one had this problem?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

try taking the panel off and checking it out.they are real easy to work with:D

thanks. i didint want to take the pannel of but i guess i have a project for this weekend now.

i'll tell you what the prob is b/c its the same with my 96 xlt. there is a little piece of the door handle that broke off and cannot latch onto the part that pulls the lock open. therefore it is exactly what you said, it feels like the child safety lock is on. same with mine i have to open it from the outside til i go to a bone yard. thats on the left rear side and the passenger side rear works but is real hard to open. you have to pull hard on the handle, not smooth like the front. another ford POS design

mine do that too on my 96 xlt. at first they were just hard to open but the other day i pulled really hard cuz it wasent opening and i heard something snap and now i cant open it at all. my door handle on the inside is stuck in the out position and i cant get it back to normal, im gonna take it apart sometime, but im not in a big hurry cuz i usually dont have any passengers anyway (damn 6 months)

exactly, thats why i'm going to replace both of them. it may just need some wd-40, but why not.

same problem here. both doors on my 97 xlt

Back