CALDWELL

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Philadelphia Airport, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 V6 Silver XLT
hey boys

the bday is coming up soon, and i looking at 2 new toys for the X...

1st a full brush guard

2nd an amp for my door speakers !!

****** before i star... heres the set up...

Dual HU ( 200w ) - got it for free...

Kenwood 3way 5x7's ( 220w )

Dual AMP ( 1000w ) - free...

Kenwood ( 2 ) 12'' 400 RMS each

i wanna stick with Kenwood for the AMP, and i am not sure what kinda amp wattage i want ???? should i go 400 watts or 600 watts...

basically i want my door speakers to hit like my subs do. i want my subs and speakers to blend to create a clean + equal sound in my X

does that make sense to anyone ??????

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you're going Kenwood, the KAC-X4R is an EXCELLENT amp, along with all the others in the series. Kenwood has gotten their **** together on their amps in the last couple years.

Get the Kenwood amp that best matches the max RMS power your 5x7's can handle.

Use the high-pass crossover to cut out the lower frequencies going to them and you'll get some nice clean ear-piercing sound while the subs hit and provide the low end.

The 8404 is the newer version of the ones I mentioned, but with the digital features removed. You can get the ones with all the time alignment and such as refurbs from Millionbuy if you'd like links for about $200 each. I have them, and they're REAL nice, with a tiny footprint.

sundown 100.4

check out the forums on www.stevemeadedesigns.com we have plenty of experience in the sound department. Sundown is not a very well heard of brand but they kick butt

sundown 100.4

check out the forums on www.stevemeadedesigns.com we have plenty of experience in the sound department. Sundown is not a very well heard of brand but they kick butt

good suggestion. smaller up and coming companies like sundown and many others will give you much better bang for your buck. And are far more personable than large corporations like kenwood, RF, alpine etc. Whats better than being able to speak to the OWNER of the company himself for suggestions or questions regarding ur setup?

to the original poster...its better to have too much power than not enough. With that said, NO underpowering will not damage your speakers but a clipped dirty signal will.

Back