• Register Today It's free!

Double Din Touchscreen Install

Dwelves02XLT

Reaction score
City, State
NORCAL
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 Eddie Bauer 4WD
Hey guys, couple of questions and hopefully someone can chime in. Looking at possibly picking up a no name eonon double din touchscreen for my 02 XLT 4Dr. I have never installed any stereo head unit other than plug and play speakers, so was wondering how difficult would this be? Do they sell quick connect (plug and play) wiring harness that will work with any possible no name brand? What type of pin does the factory head unit come with, the unit is the single CD and tape deck if that helps any. If it comes down to having to splice wires, then i'll leave it to the proffessionals, but just wondering for someone who has little knowledge on stereo installation, if plug and play was an option as far as install goes.

Hey guys, couple of questions and hopefully someone can chime in. Looking at possibly picking up a no name eonon double din touchscreen for my 02 XLT 4Dr. I have never installed any stereo head unit other than plug and play speakers, so was wondering how difficult would this be? Do they sell quick connect (plug and play) wiring harness that will work with any possible no name brand? What type of pin does the factory head unit come with, the unit is the single CD and tape deck if that helps any. If it comes down to having to splice wires, then i'll leave it to the proffessionals, but just wondering for someone who has little knowledge on stereo installation, if plug and play was an option as far as install goes.

Even with a plug kit which you can get at Walmark, you still will need to slice wires.
I have a 2006 Ranger CD/AM/FM that looks like a 2 din, but it's NOT.
I just installed a 2 din in the truck & had to trim the face plate top & bottom, being careful not to hit the a/c vent tabs.

Installing a deck isn't that hard just make sure you are following the diagram included with the cd player and get a wiring harness that matches your vehicle and you will be just fine,just match up the colors of the wires. Be wary of being a no name brand, you don't want to buy something then the sound quality of it isn't what you expected. Google Sonic Electronix. I plan on buying a Boss BV5150 for my mountaineer.

Back