Double shock kit with extended rad. arms? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Double shock kit with extended rad. arms?

Byrd91

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Penobscot, Maine
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 XLT
Just called James Duff and they said you need the double shock hoop to run their radius arms. Anyone not running the double shock hoop or know of a way not to run it. I don't want to buy new shocks right now and mine would be too short with the hoop. Please help.

A friend of mine here in town has the Duff arms on his truck without the hoop. Works fine. I think they were just trying to get you to buy some more product from them.

if you use their shocks without a sway bar you really should have the dual shock hoop.. Their shocks are 70/30 and you need 2 or the sway bar..

Maybe that is what they were talking about.. Otherwise, according to my catalog you don' t need the shock hoop to run 1 shock on the extended Arm.. you just only use 1 of the 2 shock bolts on the arm.

~Mark

I'll be running just one shock with a sway bar. I had heard some issues about hitting the shock without the hoops because the hoop mounts the top of the shock out more than the stock mount. I just ordered the arms today, and the guy I talked to didn't say anything about the hoops so who knows. We'll see. I'll just rig something up if they rub.

Back