• Register Today It's free!

Driver Door Window Problem

clemguy95

Reaction score
City, State
Rock Hill, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
Hi,

My driver's door window has become disconnected from the window regulator. There is a U-looking clevis that WAS glued to the window, one at each end of the glass, at some point in time. Now, the clevis's have seperated from the glass. My window will not go up or down. The regulator and motor are functioning properly.

How can I repair this probelm? Has anyone else had this issue? :mad:

Thanks
Richard

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

dude, i'm having this EXACT problem. except it came loose from both of them.

i'm using a window regulator/motor/window from a junkyard, cost less then 50 dollars.

if the regulator and motor are working right and it's just separated from the U connector, i would just get access to the U connector and where it's supposed to connect to the window. clean it, sand off the old adhesive, and just use a heavy duty adhesive to re connect it.

also, any glass shop or truck store should be able to fix this in about a half hour

The guy at the Ford place told me that if I used another glue and tried to reattched both of the U pieces, then they would hold for a few days and then give way...

The stock stuff looks like a heavy duty silicone mess.

Have you heard differently?

Richard

What about rearview windshield mirror adhesive?

The trick would be finding enough of it tho.

Or just do as suggested and take it to a glass place, I'm sure they'd know what to do.

If the window does fit in the two channels well, I would try one of the Ultra RTV's. Those are fairly strong, call a window service place to see what they suggest.

The guy at the Ford place told me that if I used another glue and tried to reattched both of the U pieces, then they would hold for a few days and then give way...

The stock stuff looks like a heavy duty silicone mess.

Have you heard differently?

Richard
Yep, he's right. On my T-Bird it has the same style glass retainment system, and I tried a few times with different things to repair it (super glue and a couple different silicones). All were failed attempts, so I went to the junkyard and bought a replacement glass for $25. I would imagine a glass shop would have the right stuff to repair it, give them a call and see.

Back