• Register Today It's free!

DriverSeatHelp

TheQuestion

Reaction score
City, State
Fort Lauderdale
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer XLT
Hello to whoever’s reading this, I have an issue with the power function in my Driver Seat. Everything works, besides the ability to decline backwards or the rear decline. The ability to decline forwards works, lumbar support works, reclining the seat forwards/backwards works, and moving the seat forwards/backwards works.

I’m stumped, I’ve tried disconnecting and reconnecting wires under the seat, and also checking the fuse.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I'm not sure what the difference is between reclining and declining the seat. Did you just get this vehicle or has the issue been there from day 1?

Peter

Bad motor, or bad circuit.

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I'm not sure what the difference is between reclining and declining the seat. Did you just get this vehicle or has the issue been there from day 1?

Peter
Sorry for the super late reply, I’ve had this vehicle for about 4 years now (2012 XLT). It used to work then it stopped (2022-ish), then it started to work a month later, then it stopped again in 2023.

I’ve bought a new Power Seat Switch, but the same problem still happens. Guessing it’s a motor, idk which one makes the seat go up or down.

so it is NOT the seat back, but the seat bottom. Can tilt forward, but not backward. Same motor does both. could be a broken wire to the motor. Check the connectors on the motor and switch. Check the wires. Could be wires as it stopped work then started again. Loose wire that make intermit connection

so it is NOT the seat back, but the seat bottom. Can tilt forward, but not backward. Same motor does both. could be a broken wire to the motor. Check the connectors on the motor and switch. Check the wires. Could be wires as it stopped work then started again. Loose wire that make intermit connection
The seat bottom (cushion) only moves (tilts) up or down unless you have an extendable seat cushion. The only way it can move forward or backward is with the rest of the seat.

Peter

That is how it works. The whole seat, bottom and back move forward and backward as one unit. The seat bottom does not extent or shorten

The seat bottom (cushion) only moves (tilts) up or down unless you have an extendable seat cushion. The only way it can move forward or backward is with the rest of the seat.

Peter
Sorry for the late replies and the super confusing entry message basically the seat won’t go down, But it can still do everything else. I’m going to check the wiring/motor under the seat again soon.

Back