• Register Today It's free!

Drivetrain vibration

simjet22

Reaction score
City, State
Freeport, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 explorer EB
ok i hope you guys can help me! i have a1997 merc mountaineer AWD and at hwy speeds i get a vibration in the drivetrain all the time above 65mph. if i cruise at 70 most of the time it does not vibrate, but if i give little gas i get the chatter. i recently notice that as i accelerate from a stand still i can feel some drivetrain chatter, what can this be i really want to keep this truck , but i want to know how much i am going to have to spend to get it fixed and is it worth fixing. thanks in advance
Terry:usa:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Search vibration and you'll see 99.9% of the time it's the drive shaft. Other times xfer case. If you need a front DS I've got them on sale to explorer forum members for $255. They are new/oem

You have new FOMOCO drivelines in stock??

You have new FOMOCO drivelines in stock??

I do..I've been advertising them in the vendor section for a while now..I know it's kinda at the bottom though.

I had a chatter around 55 through 65mph. Turns out the inputshaft seal went out on my t case and allowed the t case to fill up with trans fluid. After I fixed the seal and got all the extra fluid out, the chatter/vibration went away. Mine is a 01 EB V8 AWD as well with 112000 miles on it. Just a thought to check your fluid in your T Case. You can pull the top plug out and the fluid should be level with that top plug. If you get a bunch that comes out, you have an issue. Good Luck.

Back