• Register Today It's free!

dual exhaust question

97FordxSport

Reaction score
City, State
Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Ford Explorer Sport
I have a 97 explorer sport and want to run dual exhaust using the imco extreme muffler. my stock muffler has dual in, single out. If i bought the imco extreme with single in, dual out would i loss any needed backpressure? Also what do you think of the imco extreme?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Which motor do you have? If you have the OHV motor it should sound good, loud but good. If you have the SOHC motor, it may not sound as good, but still be loud. You may also have trouble running dual exhaust on the sport and be able to keep your spare.

Dan

This thread could get up to 50+ answers for you mate :)

sorry, i forgot to include that i have the sohc 4.0 and i don't really care to much if i have the remove spare tire. I just want a new muffler (my current, stock one is rusted to **** and sounds terrible) that sounds like it should be on a truck with 8" of lift and 33" mudders. not to mention the duals comming out the back should look BA

the imco xtreme muffler is loud but not deep on the 4.0 motor. I had it 2.5" single in/single out dumped. It got really loud but not deep at all. Maybe the duals will help it? As long as it's single 2.5" in, it sould be fine.

Id personally go with the original 40 series muffler. While not as loud, it gets deeper than the imco. I ended up selling my xtreme

Back